Thread: Skilling - BH Shake Down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Skilling - BH Shake Down

Cruisin at 40ish, Craig prob 80

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbvyrsab0f...%20pm.mov?dl=0

Skilling's 18 wipple BH beast vs Tuff 21. Prob a 2 mile stretch. Donzi had 2 adults, full tank and prob 20 gal of water in bilge (noticed on trailer) broken bilge pump float and a predicted leak in wipple system. Craig's getting slip on 27s (needs 29s). Tuff very slowly overtook. Craig backed off at channel. I was going 55ish. Wicked shake down weekend. Fighting faulty diaphragm on super charger made docking a horror but made do. I was bumper boy on docks. Throttle cable uber stiff and notchy. That said, I drove this beast, what a nice ride. Extreme acceleration, proposing wasn't an issue with quick tabs. No torque steer over waves, coming off throttle either. F'n sweet boat. Congrats Craig.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36zw12f7et...%20am.mov?dl=0
    1966 Donzi 18 2+3
    1951 Shepherd 22 Runabout (sold)
    Wahoo 14
    Hobie 16

He was running against a Tuff 21 OB in a BH 18? Something doesn't add up, especially with 20 gallons of sloshing water in the bilge.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

I didn't talk with Mike's son (owner of Tuff boats) that was driving Tuff 21. He may have been laying off but I don't think so. Was a good run. I trimmed the video to upload. Watching them coming from behind the Tuff had plenty of time to shake Craig if he could or wanted to. Next time I see activity on the dock I'll stop in and ask.
    1966 Donzi 18 2+3
    1951 Shepherd 22 Runabout (sold)
    Wahoo 14
    Hobie 16

Thread Information