Thread: Rudder

Rudder

Shot in the dark here... Newer owner of a 1967' Barrelback 18' Classic Inboard / V-Drive... The original rudder was lost damaged long ago. A custom one was made but it's clearly not right for this boat. The handling is nowhere near where it should be. I believe it's undersized. Does someone know were I could get a factory replacement / used one at? Or could someone give me detailed information on the sizing??? I do have access to CNC machines so having one made is plausible but I have no idea on the sizing.

the rudder

here a few pictures I have saved. i am sure others will post what they have. they come for sale on eBay now and again. a friend is working on a 28 Sportsman. he has a crate of extra parts. i will be looking that grate next week. i will see if he still has his rudders. he will not be using them for he is installing Mercruiser IO diesels. ill let you know what I find there.

Quote Originally Posted by 93stangers View Post
    Shot in the dark here... Newer owner of a 1967' Barrelback 18' Classic Inboard / V-Drive... The original rudder was lost damaged long ago. A custom one was made but it's clearly not right for this boat. The handling is nowhere near where it should be. I believe it's undersized. Does someone know were I could get a factory replacement / used one at? Or could someone give me detailed information on the sizing??? I do have access to CNC machines so having one made is plausible but I have no idea on the sizing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

Quote Originally Posted by bertsboat View Post
    here a few pictures I have saved. i am sure others will post what they have. they come for sale on eBay now and again. a friend is working on a 28 Sportsman. he has a crate of extra parts. i will be looking that grate next week. i will see if he still has his rudders. he will not be using them for he is installing Mercruiser IO diesels. ill let you know what I find there.

Just wondering if u got a chance to look for those rudders?

Next week

I will look next week.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.

Blackfin Boats uses the same rudder and housing as the early Donzi's.

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Better picture

Better
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pearson View Post
    Blackfin Boats uses the same rudder and housing as the early Donzi's.

not seeing anything for blackfin rudders either

Quote Originally Posted by bertsboat View Post
    Better

Ya the one I have is definitely different. It doesn't have the flat top and is probably a bit thinner as well.

Thread Information