Thread: 2008 22 Donzi ILMOR Edition - 1 of 1 - 100+ MPH

2008 22 Donzi ILMOR Edition - 1 of 1 - 100+ MPH

This boat is NOT mine... just saw it today on ebay. Pretty cool boat, but PRICEY. Custom made for the test driver of Donzi Marine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Donzi-2...3D271904961432

Asking $89,500

.Name:  $_57.JPG
Views: 2828
Size:  333.4 KB

personally, I would buy a Shelby Edition before I bought this... and have plenty of money left over for gas and beer!

That's Ted's boat. He tried to sell it to me for quite a bit more. It's worth every bit of the new price. I have $100,000 into a 525 powered boat.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Then grab it at the new price silly...Ed

Ad says less than 16 hrs runntime... Cannot imagine owning this thing and not run it!!!!
    Jay Z.
    '93 White/Teal Classic 22

Quote Originally Posted by TheSharkGuy View Post
    personally, I would buy a Shelby Edition before I bought this... and have plenty of money left over for gas and beer!

This will be waaay more boat than a Shelby. I don't know Ted, but from what I've seen being here, this boat will have been built to a level that far exceeds any stock Classic that Donzi ever built.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Oh I don't doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    This will be waaay more boat than a Shelby. I don't know Ted, but from what I've seen being here, this boat will have been built to a level that far exceeds any stock Classic that Donzi ever built.

This boat IS mine, relisted and price lowered, feel free to ask any questions via PM, thanks. Ted
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221842847496...CA:MOTORS:1123
    U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

Beautiful boat, I couldn't imagine parting with it!

That's an awesome boat! I doubt that there's another Classic out there that comes close to equaling this!

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    That's Ted's boat. He tried to sell it to me for quite a bit more.
    Carl, it a new ad, new lowered price, and probably one of the best deals on the planet for a Donzi classic.

Why post something contentious in the thread for another site member? You know the old saying, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Quote Originally Posted by Just Say N20 View Post
    Carl, it a new ad, new lowered price, and probably one of the best deals on the planet for a Donzi classic.

Why post something contentious in the thread for another site member? You know the old saying, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.
    It was meant as a positive comment. Like the price has been lowered. Not contentious at all. I like Ted and we've always gotten along. He helped me solve some issues with my repower. This boat is worth every penny and I'm surprised it hasn't sold. It's far better than any new 22C you'd get from the factory and a lot cheaper. He called me to offer it to me before it went on the market. The price he gave me was an initial asking price. I'm sure he would have negotiated. I really wanted it but I have $100,000 into my boat getting it the way I want and I'm not selling mine cheap to upgrade. In my not so humble opinion I already have one of the nicest 22 Classics in the country. Ted's could quite possibly be THE #1 22C in the country. I did not know that it had a fully cored hull. Also I could rarely safely go 100 mph where I boat and I like my underbow area being opened up for storage or sleeping. I edited my original post to make my point clear. I shouldn't even have to explain this. Sheeesh ...

Thread Information