Thread: 1969 Hornet Upholstery

1969 Hornet Upholstery

Does anyone know if Bilt-rite Upholstery is till around. I searched it and found a place in TN but no website. Gene Drago, George Desmond anyone know?

Bilt Rite hasn't been around for at least of couple of years. I believe PPI took over. You can also contact DonziDirect.com. That would be your best place to start. Just because they don't have something on their website, doesn't mean they can't get it.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

----Do you have any original stuff to go by? If you don't you are probably going to have to find a good boat interior guy as I don't think anyone has the patterns anymore. Not an impossible thing to accomplish at all. You can certainly find some interior pics to give to a good interior shop.......Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ----Do you have any original stuff to go by? If you don't you are probably going to have to find a good boat interior guy as I don't think anyone has the patterns anymore. Not an impossible thing to accomplish at all. You can certainly find some interior pics to give to a good interior shop.......Bill S
    To build on what Bill said, if you do have the original upholstery, regardless of shape, any good shop can duplicate them.
    FWIW, they may not be crazy about duplicating all that roll and pleat stitching.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    FWIW, they may not be crazy about duplicating all that roll and pleat stitching.
    That's for sure! I use to do upholstery and still have my machine. I want to redo my interior this winter but I am not looking forward to it.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    That's for sure! I use to do upholstery and still have my machine. I want to redo my interior this winter but I am not looking forward to it.
    If you want a bit of motivation just think of how many tanks of gas you'll be able to buy by doing the upholstery yourself !

In my case the situation was reversed .. I figured I had saved bags of cash by doing all of my resto work myself so I was able to fork out for the pleated upholstery
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thread Information