Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buying insurance for the TR

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McPherson View Post
    I've been insuring boats with Flo for about 15 years now. I think 500HP and 70mph are the max. I'm paying about $500 these days for my 22C list at 415HP saying she goes 70 on top. It's stock power for the 22C so that helps...
    Yeah, same here. Progressive through USAA was the only one who would cover our 22 when we bought it about 10-years ago. I gave them the advertised 470 HP number and let them figure out the speed.
    RickS-E

I'm wonderin'.........both pat McPherson and Rick live in regions where the boating season is fairly short compared w/me living in FL and a year round season. Does the longer exposure increase the annual rate?
    It would make sense if it does.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

6 months

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    I'm wonderin'.........both pat McPherson and Rick live in regions where the boating season is fairly short compared w/me living in FL and a year round season. Does the longer exposure increase the annual rate?
    It would make sense if it does.
    Mine is insured for 25K value, 600K liability, and the use is from May 1st to Oct 31st.
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

I would think that the biggest factors would be the season length, access to water, and the weather threat potential. We're insured year round but we certainly don't have the water access or the weather threats that you guys have in the South East.
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    I called Carla who put me in touch w/Brett. Hagarty had stopped writing insurance in FL, but will now issue policies if you live north of Lake Okeechobee. Their quote is $688/per annum w/$500k liability.
    I'm waiting for at least one more.
    If this is agreed value it's cheaper than mine. I'm insured about the same as your appraisal numbers, agreed value, with Progressive through USAA and it's about a grand per year on the ZXO. No claims, perfect credit and all that jazz...

No one else has come close to even matching the number.

Thread Information