Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just a Video, Getting Ready For AOTH!

Quote Originally Posted by chip w View Post
    We just got a GoPro this spring and I've done one video so far. It's really easy to edit with their software and add music if you want to. Unfortunately we aren't doing videos right now as the motor is out to replace the transom seal and anything else that catches our attention. Hope to be back in the water in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to your next video on the big water!
    I hope to have a nice video put together of the AOTH runs. Also some good vids of running 80 over 2 footers on Lake St. Clair. Maybe record an entire 80 mile run to Put-in-Bay. The GoPro was intimidating at first but is really very simple to use. The phone app is cool but keeping the cam off-line increases battery life so now I record manually. It has an advanced audio system that mutes down loud sounds like the engine and wind and picks up even soft conversation. It also picks up the whine of the straight cut XR gears that you can't hear while running. I've been using the case with the open back. Normally the engine would drown out any other sounds. The GoPro is really cool. There are many imitators but I doubt any equals!
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Cool video Carl! The boat sounds strong. Funny, I don't remember getting the facial skin waves on my 22 but I also lowered my seat mounts by 3" or so and that put most of the blast zone from the eyes/forehead up. You get the full blast on my Magnum, its pretty funny.

- Marshall
    1978 Magnum Starfire "MAYHEM"
    1994 Donzi 22 Classic 540/Blackhawk - Sold
    1982 Midnight Express 32 SS

Thread Information