Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 200 HP Interceptor info

Doesn't mean the engine is out of a fairlane just means the block was cast at one of the 3 factories that cast blocks for the fairlane . I don't think they ever stamped or casted specific blocks for marine use HM bought motors and used them for both auto and marine apps. The industrial sector too also used ford motors , out of high school I worked on a drill rig that had a 302 has a power for the drilling operations.

The famed marine 427s were motors that didn't pass racing specs and then went to the marine and industrial world.

HM really only provided marinized version of what was available in the auto world at the time. the 69-70 351w were 290 hp just like the car motors at the time they fell in hp from there on 260 250 235 225 hp

yes 300 hp is not all that hard but I would not do it with older end dump risers
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Well I hate to hurt anyone's feelings, but my plan will go as follows.

I am grabbing that 351. I have some SBF aluminum exhaust manifolds.

I will be taking it a bit at a time.

I feel this is a good starting point without spending a bunch of money.

Rebuild the engine that is in there as a side project just for fun and add bits and pieces of performance to the 351 as it goes

Not in this thread, but I will post pics of the restoration. I plan to bust ass on this as it seems like a pretty easy job when the engine is dialed

That is a super plan Good luck in your endeavor
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Did you ever sell the JR? What about the Hornet?
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

I go through boats a little too fast. This Donzi however, I will be doing right and keeping

The JR is sold and sold pretty close to home. I believe I can buy it back if I want at some point.

The Hornet sold. I only sold it because I figured the parts were going to be a huge nightmare job to collect as it was missing almost all of it.
    Funny story on it, the previous owner just found me and has everything it was missing and it has been all rechromed or ready to go. I am really bummed.
    I think I will be buying the parts all back anyway.

Anyone need Benchseat Hornet parts??????

Interesting Thread

Sounds like a good project. A couple of comments FYI:

1) Holman & Moody marined several hundred SBF's using Volvo sterndrives. Most of the engines were Ford industrial engines that had a cam that provided good torque from about 2000 to 5000+ rpm, when Ford stopped making this cam, H&M started making it and still has it available. According to a conversation with Lee Holman recently, most of these motors were 302's with 351 heads. Being they were buying approx. 100 per year, Ford allowed them to spec what components they wanted. H&M used the motors as they came from Ford and basically bolted on all of their marine conversion parts.

2) You probably know this but if you want to keep the three hatches unmodified check the height of the 351 carefully, they are taller engines than the 289/302's.
    1967 Triple Hatch 18' (sold)
    1969 Holman&Moody 18 2+3
    1982 454 TRS no windshield 22 2+3 (sold I'm an idiot)
    1997 454/Bravo 1 22 2+3
    + some less cool, more functional boats

Thread Information