Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Donzi Walnut Shifter knobs.

So, did the older Donzis have a separate shifter that these fit on? Those are really cool and I'm trying to think of what I could do with one if another batch comes available! I'd like to display it in my home office somehow. What is the finish? I found out the hard way that polyurethane will fail in sunlight when I used it on a picnic table.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    I'm trying to think of what I could do with one if another batch comes available! I'd like to display it in my home office somehow.
    Would make a nice draft fridge pull handle...not sure if you keep a draft fridge in your home office

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    So, did the older Donzis have a separate shifter that these fit on? Those are really cool and I'm trying to think of what I could do with one if another batch comes available! I'd like to display it in my home office somehow. What is the finish? I found out the hard way that polyurethane will fail in sunlight when I used it on a picnic table.

Yes the shifters are the Morse style shifters. The finish is a two part Polyurethane. They hold up great in the sun and have a lot of UV screeners in this particular clear coat. Also walnut is not an oily wood like teak so its not an issue.

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pearson View Post
    Yes the shifters are the Morse style shifters. The finish is a two part Polyurethane. They hold up great in the sun and have a lot of UV screeners in this particular clear coat. Also walnut is not an oily wood like teak so its not an issue.
    Thanks. I know you have enough experience to know what to use. I'll most likely order one if a new batch is in the future.

Ed, Gerk, Big Bob,

I have not received payment from two people who wanted knobs. I have two left! The first two who let me know here that they want them....there yours.

Thanks!

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

I expressed an interest but I have to hold off on things right now until I find out how good my tax attorney is!!

Scott,

Just checking that you got my last PM and PayPal from a few days ago.

Thx

Rob

Rob, I sent you a PM. Never got payment.

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Hi Scott,

Can you check your PM and Paypal account? Payment is cued up from a few days ago, so it should be ready to claim. Let me know if it is not processing for some reason.

Thanks

Rob

I will wait for RobM and you to figure it out but that still leaves one other person . If it's the prop I will take it..Hell if it's the other I will take it..Ed

Scott; Looks like it is time for a new batch of coasters and mugs...Ed

I am still interested, but digging around all the excess stuff that came with my barrelback, I found the original.
    It is pretty dried up, but possibly salvageable. I may need to wait for next batch if there is one.

Rob, nothing in PayPal at all. Did you send it to scottp@lgdonziclassic.com?

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Hi Scott,

Looks like I miss typed the email (forgot the P). Apologies, I will cancel that one and re-submit.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rob,
    Got it this time thank you! I will ship out this week. Most likely on Friday.

So I have one more knob.....Ed you want it? It can be a prop or lion and dolphin.

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Thread Information