Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lake St Clair Magnums

Lake St Clair Magnums

Over the weekend @ the Old School Reunion on Lake St Clair four of our Magnum Sports came to the event. There are about 10 sports, one Sedan [mine] two Starfire's, & at lest one Maltese still calling Lake St Clair there home. I finally finished my Sport's restoration just in time for this event with a few day's to spare. After seeing many of our Magnum's leave the lake for new home ports around the world it's nice to know we still have a nice group left. Also @ the Old School Bud came to the lake with his Maltese, Magnums were represented very well. Here are some pic's of Old School V 2013 & my Mag SCREW DRIVER.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Highly cool. Did you guys do some running together?

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    Highly cool. Did you guys do some running together?
    Bill not this time, we all were enjoying the BEER, BENCH RACING STORIES, & FOOD to much @ Brownies. I did run with Jeff's Donzi, he loves the big water of Lake St Clair. Mark

Not Magnums but some other cool boats that came to the reunion.

awesome
    thanks for the pics
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Mark,

From what it seems like the OSR will be a pretty popular event for many summers to come..........and understandably so,
    The great lakes (27 Magnums) represents the best class of old skool around..............Memo to self, "gotta get her done"!
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    Mark,

From what it seems like the OSR will be a pretty popular event for many summers to come..........and understandably so,
    The great lakes (27 Magnums) represents the best class of old skool around..............Memo to self, "gotta get her done"!
    Get her done,, or just spend a few days on the lake in the summer, I'm sure we can get you out on the lake.. Jeff Hall travels all over the world with out his boats & always finds a cool ride to go out in.

Mark,
    Looks like a fun gathering, your sport looks great. I can't remember seeing a minx with an arneson, any details on the power/performance?
    No starfire pics?
    Thanks - Marshall
    1978 Magnum Starfire "MAYHEM"
    1994 Donzi 22 Classic 540/Blackhawk - Sold
    1982 Midnight Express 32 SS

Quote Originally Posted by MDonziM View Post
    Mark,
    Looks like a fun gathering, your sport looks great. I can't remember seeing a minx with an arneson, any details on the power/performance?
    No starfire pics?
    Thanks - Marshall
    Hi Marshall yes the old school was a fun event & hope to make it better next year.. Jeff's still working on the Minx's set up, he needs a 18" dia prop. As you know Prop set up & testing takes time & Lake St Clair has been the only place he has been able to test, as Jeff's Lake Minnetonka Mn has a low speed limit. None of the Starfires came this year, it may have been the weather, as we had bad storms the night before that knocked the electrical power out to many.. Mark

looks like a fun day to me sweet boats
    mario

Shoo-In

Anyone out there familiar with this 28 Maltese-serial number MAG280851076 - all original with bow rail and boarding ladder from Chesapeake Bay?

Had a great Labor Day weekend out in the Mag & with my son's in the X-18 Donzi. Spent Saturday @ the Moot with the kids. On Sunday Finally made to the Island Grill @ Mayea Marina on the bay in Fair Haven Mi. I even was able pry Big Wave Dave & Cherie away from there 22' Donzi and take them out in a real Offshore. Even Mr Bill [olredalert] stopped by in the Gulfstream Cig CC to toast the end of summer. The only down side the Donzi's fuel pump quit do to alcohol in the fuel & I had to tow him in. Here are some pic's of the day.

Hard to believe September is over, any day now I will have to put the Mag on the trailer for the winter. I did find on more tiki bar to try out Friday here on Lake St Clair the Tin Fish.. with only a few boats there & empty seats @ the bar you know the end is near. My Mag has run for the most part flawless since it's launch in early July [knock on wood] . I found it's perfect cruise speed @ 3200 rpm running 40 mph, making for a nice enjoyable ride.

Congratulations on another good year of boating. I imagine it is always a little bittersweet when Fall arrives, but down here some of us will be boating through November -

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    Congratulations on another good year of boating. I imagine it is always a little bittersweet when Fall arrives, but down here some of us will be boating through November -
    Thanks Bill for the kind words. Yes the weather here can go into the toilet fast after Oct 1st + the water level drops & that makes for hard times getting off the hoist & to the boat ramps. This November I will be @ Key West with my two son's & Jeff Hall for the boat races so November is not all lost. Mark

Thread Information