Thread: Cable style trim indicator / Hydraulic steering?

Cable style trim indicator / Hydraulic steering?

Has anyone done this? I have converted to the SP-A style transom and outdrive for the power trim, and would like to run the cable indicators for my drives and K planes.

Also has anyone ever set up external steering on the SP-A drives? The top cover is different than the 260-70-80-90 drives. I picked up a Manual Hynautic system, so I have the Helm, Valve, Rams, and Transom brackets, I just need to figure out how to attach them and a Tie Bar to the drives.

Mock fitting of the transom and K Planes

I powder coated the K Planes white to match the Volvo Out drives

I also polished the Reservoir, brackets, and rams from the Hynautic steering and rebuilt them as well.

I have these pictures taken by Jeff Hall (Hall,J).

Attached Images Attached Images
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Out of curiosity , what boat is that ? It has some rather interesting lines .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Both pics that George posted are 27' Magnum sports, although the red one has some rail hardware I have not seen.
    1978 Magnum Starfire "MAYHEM"
    1994 Donzi 22 Classic 540/Blackhawk - Sold
    1982 Midnight Express 32 SS

Mine is a 1972 Magnum 27 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by MDonziM View Post
    Both pics that George posted are 27' Magnum sports, although the red one has some rail hardware I have not seen.
    Marshall That's my red sport before I did the restoration & cleaned up the transom. I removed the very ruff looking power trim because with my drives raised 3" like Jeff's Mag in the other pic you really don't need it. Running on the second Volvo pre set pin is all I need. If I ever feel I would need trim I would put my clean set up on but as of now, no need. My sport like Jeff's never had tabs & we both feel that there really not needed, & that keeps things clean & simple in the engine bay & on the transom.
    As far as the stern rails many of the sports have them in various forms. Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

I kind of thought that it would have been obvious I was referring to murfman's pics cause everyone knows what a Mag 27 looks like
    It's just that the angle along with the small amount of boat shown + the raised deck molding had me confused.
    And I thought the transom looked a little thinner than a Mag transom as well.
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thread Information