Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tavares Florida ACBS boat show March 27-29 1015

Tavares Florida ACBS boat show March 27-29 1015

OK, I tried this last year and it's too bad there were only two Donzi's at the show both of which happened to be 14 feet. One bench and one open. Now that any fiberglass boat older than 1989.
    Classic: A boat built between 1943 and 1975 inclusive
    Late Classic (new): A wooden or non-wooden boat built 1976-1989, excluding boats of a certain hull type such as pontoons, inflatables and small personal watercraft. A boat in this category must have some historical significance as determined by the show committee to be considered for display. Please send a photo and description to the address on the registration form for review by the committee.

Also, the Classic Race Boat regatta the week before. Bring you Donzi and run with the other half dozen that race each other. You will have to be a member of APBA and the CRA and have a letter from a doctor as well as a lifeline jacket and a orange helmet. You can maybe borrow a jacket if you don't have one.

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.org/index.php/registration

Again this year I can arrange for all the Donzi,s to be side by side. The Donzi's get allot of attention. Most people have a connection to these boats. They either have one, had one or knew someone that had one. It's funny to see all the wood boat guys scratching their heads in wonder thinking what is all the fuss about over there!
    So, with that said and an early notice we hope there will be a showing this year. At this show it's OK to go out in you boat and enjoy the great scenery and local flavor this area has to offer. The Dora canal, the many watering holes and nearby Mt Dora.
    Really nice rooms at the nearby Mission inn http://www.missioninnresort.com/ about 7 miles away has a pool, hot tub, billiards and great food at a reasonable price. Plenty of parking too. There are also closer places and cheaper rooms too.
    You can contact me if you like at bertsboat@mindspring.com
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

I will bring my Hornet
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Also, nice round of golf at Mission Inn, at least there was 20 years ago.

Wish I could go.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Bert, at least this year I think I can make it. Your "Lil Red Boat" will have some competition from a larger red Donzi.
    There's not that much more to do.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thanks George

The "little red boat" is no competition for your boat. I doubt there will be anything that will be as nice as your red boat but there will be a fresh Gulf blue 19' benchseat Hornet there next to the Baby this year for sure and I hope allot more Donzi's too.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.

Bert shoot me some pic off that nice gulf blur hornet I might try and come down I know there will be a lot off cobras there

mario
    mario

Cobras

There will be about 16 Cobras and one Barracuda benchseat. We hope you and your wife will make it down Mario. We all enjoyed your visit last summer. I'll shoot you a picture. I hope there will be some Donzi's as well.

Donzi at Tavares?

I am thinking there will be around 6 Classic Donzi boats so far. Remember, you have to join the ACBS to enter in the show. The more boats we have there the better it will be. Everybody likes a Donzi.
    Let's see, Buzilla and his Hornet, a Benchseat from PA and a open 14 along with a Donzi Baby OB and the Baby Donzi #14 is what we have so far.
    Mark your calender please.....

Like to see a few more Baby's there..

I soooooooooo, wish I could be there. Many of my "woodyboat" friends will be there (some with their boats all the way from Canada). I am also happy that many from this community will be in attendance! Will make for a spectacular show.

This event is #1 on my bucket list and I'd love to get there with my Donzi and maybe someday my Greavette. I'm GREEN with envy.

so, have a great time and take lots of pictures!

BTW: Keep an eye out for my buddies "Gold Cup" (G4) Riot... it's a cool boat.2014-09-27 14.10.47.jpg
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

If nothing changes with my schedule I'm off both weekends, so will try to make both, love the Harris chain! Will keep an eye on this thread.

My plan is to make it. The boat may have the old upholstery in it though.
    The upholstery shop has had the old stuff for six months, but they want the boat and do it all at once.
    I doubt it will happen by the time of the show.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

http://www.acbs.org/join.html and join the Sunnyland chapter. I am going to arrange that all the Donzi guys be at the same dock. To date we have 5 boats that I know of. Baxters 14 F-14 and his 16 OB, Jim's Hornet and the 14 Baby as well as a bench Hornet. Come on fellowa. If you have never been through the Dora canal you don't know what your missing. I know there are lots of classic Doniz's in Florida and all over the country that would have the greatest time here. You can go out in your boat anytime (although they encourage you to stick around the docks, after all, people pay to get in and see the Donzi's up close and personal)
    When people see a Donzi at the dock their eyes light up. It is a really neat feeling. The stories they tell. Their Uncle had a Donzi, their Father had a Donzi, their brother had a Donzi and they even say that they had a Donzi and the wished they never sold it !!

So....come on down to Florida (bet you wish it was this week all you northern Donzi folks)

http://www.vintageraceboatshop.com/C...allRegatta.htm

ALSO: Come on down and race your fellow Donzi lovers at the CRA Classic at Tavares the week before the boat show. There are allways a few Donzi boat that want to run what you brung !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register online here

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.org/index.php/registration

2015 Show On Line Registration in Now Open!!!
    March 27-29, 2015 - Waterfront, Tavares Florida
    Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Chris-Craft Cobra

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\BERT~1.MSE\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip 1\01\clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
    While our friends across the nation are winterizing their summer boats, Terry Fiest and the Sunnyland crew is gearing up for another fantastic antique and classic boat show, featuring the one and only Chris-Craft Cobra. This limited edition beauty is celebrating her 60th Anniversary, and all your friends at Sunnyland invite you to Save the Date for the last weekend in March - March 27-29, 2015.
    If you wish to volunteer for the show, click HERE to send an email to our boat show coordinator!
    On Line Registration Is Now Open!
    Click HERE to Register NOW!

http://www.tavares.org/

Bert, I'm waiting for my ACBS member number after having recently joined.
    I waited what I thought was a reasonable time and have now sent an email to
    Peter Stevens to see if that will expedite the process. As soon as I receive it,
    I will enter the Sunnyland show application.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

I had to call them George...

talk to Stacy
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Thread Information