Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Goodbye

Why

Does everyone need to formally say adios... See ya... I'm out etc... If you have ever owned a Donzi and were part of this forum you will check in from time to time. It's in your blood.

I do believe the social media outlets will be the future. Quick in and out's. Just got my d.net subscription expiration notification today. I will resubscribe just cause.

Check in soon.
    Scott R
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

I see what you mean. In this case, I think Bill was concerned that the forum itself might disappear, as well as expecting he would stop participating regularly. And thus, wanted to establish other comm links and say farewell otherwise. I hope I have that right--that's my recollection. Also, I've been happy to see him back around somewhat, always enjoy his company, insight and experience.

More generally, and perhaps more to your point, I have observed that folks sometimes get frustrated when participation dwindles, and they sometimes announce a goodbye as part of that.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I see what you mean. In this case, I think Bill was concerned that the forum itself might disappear, as well as expecting he would stop participating regularly. And thus, wanted to establish other comm links and say farewell otherwise. I hope I have that right--that's my recollection. Also, I've been happy to see him back around somewhat, always enjoy his company, insight and experience.

More generally, and perhaps more to your point, I have observed that folks sometimes get frustrated when participation dwindles, and they sometimes announce a goodbye as part of that.
    Mike,
    You nailed my reason for the goodbye. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

All the best, Bill! I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you the past several years. If you're ever in Knoxville...

-David
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information