Thread: rule of thumb of when to sell your car

rule of thumb of when to sell your car

Hi,

I have a 2012 Camry that has been rock solid so far. Financed it used from a rental agency at 35K miles and its made it to 165K miles with pretty much nothing more than oil changes, tires, and brakes (and its showing no signs of issues). In the coming months I will have it paid off and my plan is to enjoy not paying the 280/month while riding it until the wheels fall off. I was also going to finally do some over-due scheduled maintenance to increase the longevity of it.But now I'm wondering if instead I should try to determine a good mileage/pricepoint to sell at and bail out before all the problems start to creep in.

For More Details:-
    Custom explainer animation studio

Thanks!

Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

I wouldn't worry about selling that car with that amount of miles no one will want to give you what it's worth. I would take that $280 a month and blow it on a boat, and if you already have one then you can buy a lot of gas and beer for it to run on with that money.

This is coming from a guy driving an 05 Tundra with 250K + miles on it with 2 boats

Quote Originally Posted by depprussell View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2012 Camry that has been rock solid so far. Financed it used from a rental agency at 35K miles and its made it to 165K miles with pretty much nothing more than oil changes, tires, and brakes (and its showing no signs of issues). In the coming months I will have it paid off and my plan is to enjoy not paying the 280/month while riding it until the wheels fall off. I was also going to finally do some over-due scheduled maintenance to increase the longevity of it.But now I'm wondering if instead I should try to determine a good mileage/pricepoint to sell at and bail out before all the problems start to creep in.

For More Details:-
    Custom explainer animation studio

Thanks!

Thread Information