Thread: Great Customer Service From D.D. & PPI

Great Customer Service From D.D. & PPI

Donzi Direct and Premier Performance Interiors went way beyond normal customer service by replacing my rear seat bottom that showed deterioration after 2 1/2 seasons. I got the new seat today. I will install it during the off season. I did not expect any recourse with the seat being so far out of warranty. I will be extra careful with this seat bottom and will cover it with towels often. Thank you Josh and PPI.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Glad you got it taken care of Carl.
    It sure would be nice to know what caused it. I don't believe it was because you were kneeling on it without towels, or because of any products you used. If that was the case, the front seats would be in similar shape.
    Short of sending it to a lab to be analysed, I guess you may never find out.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Glad you got it taken care of Carl.
    It sure would be nice to know what caused it. I don't believe it was because you were kneeling on it without towels, or because of any products you used. If that was the case, the front seats would be in similar shape.
    Short of sending it to a lab to be analysed, I guess you may never find out.

Just a FYI - I have been detailing cars and boats for about 35 years now and there are (2) products I highly recommend using on vinyl, especially "WHITE".

1st Choice is "GREASE LIGHTNING" (On ALL Colors)
    2nd Choice for White is "WESTLEY'S White Wall Cleaner"
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.
    HARDIN Thru Hull Exhaust Tips
    MIRAGE PLUS 25 Pitch Prop
    Top Speed 61MPH/GPS - 4800RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0j73l5s2U

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust
    MERCURY VENGEANCE 48-16320A46 13 1/2 INCH X 23 PITCH PROP
    Top Speed 64MPH/GPS - 4300RPM

That is a great post to see Carl. PPI has a great reputation. Looks like another classy move by both.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

I would NEVER use Westley's Whitewall Cleaner on vinyl seats. Too strong! Too many better options.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by gold-n-rod View Post
    I would NEVER use Westley's Whitewall Cleaner on vinyl seats. Too strong! Too many better options.
    Used it for 30 Plus years, NEVER had a problem, NEVER had Seats deteriorate like I'm reading about on the FORUM..... I do have people ask me all the time how do I get my seats so WHITE. My last boat I owned for 14 years and the interior was in the same condition it was when I bought it new when I sold it. I guess it all depends on your preferences and what you are comfortable using. My MOTTO is "If It Isn't Broke, Don't Fix It"!
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.
    HARDIN Thru Hull Exhaust Tips
    MIRAGE PLUS 25 Pitch Prop
    Top Speed 61MPH/GPS - 4800RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0j73l5s2U

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust
    MERCURY VENGEANCE 48-16320A46 13 1/2 INCH X 23 PITCH PROP
    Top Speed 64MPH/GPS - 4300RPM

I agree their service is excellent, just had 2 sets made up for my boats.
    One question I have for Carl, Is the boat that the rear seat deteriorated an 18 or 22?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny50 View Post
    I agree their service is excellent, just had 2 sets made up for my boats.
    One question I have for Carl, Is the boat that the rear seat deteriorated an 18 or 22?
    It's a 22. I don't want to rehash what caused the issue. It's beating a dead horse now. The only product it will see is 303 protectant and mild dish soap wipe down and tanning oil and sunblock of course. Nothing personal about the products. We all have our favorites but the only one that was unanimously approved in the other thread was 303.

Ok. Thanks.
    My 18 has the battery under the rear seat and I was concerned that the gasses given off from the battery (acid) could cause this on my new upholstery. (If the battery was overcharging) It makes me feel better about your boat being a 22 as the battery(s) would be in the engine compartment, ruling this out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny50 View Post
    Ok. Thanks.
    My 18 has the battery under the rear seat and I was concerned that the gasses given off from the battery (acid) could cause this on my new upholstery. (If the battery was overcharging) It makes me feel better about your boat being a 22 as the battery(s) would be in the engine compartment, ruling this out.
    Correct. The only thing in my underseat compartment is the stern light pole.

same here carl, i couldnt be more pleased with my new seats. and also will only use mild dish soap like my mom always sugested and the 303 stuff. my brother-in-law sold me on that stuff... my hott tub cover is in like new condition still after 6 years outside new england weather
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FISH HARD

Thread Information