Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 22' Classic - Which of these would you buy & why?

I thought that was a flagpole.
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.
    HARDIN Thru Hull Exhaust Tips
    MIRAGE PLUS 25 Pitch Prop
    Top Speed 61MPH/GPS - 4800RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0j73l5s2U

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust
    MERCURY VENGEANCE 48-16320A46 13 1/2 INCH X 23 PITCH PROP
    Top Speed 64MPH/GPS - 4300RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I wonder if TidBart ( Bob ) is still running that VHF antenna on the boat ?

That optical illusion got me the first time I saw the picture.

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

LOL, 'jus trying to add some flavour ( sorry for the "U" but I'm Canadian... )

Sloop rigged?

I thought all 22s were yawls.

Very nice boat either way, although the sails do get expensive......

22's also come with handy fore and aft eyes for fast rigging of the stays.
    In fact, they're strong enough to lift the boat with.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Funny that you guys are laughing about the "antenna". Actually, the boat came with 2 antennae. A vhf, and a gps antenna. They were both mounted through the hatch, with 2 gaping holes. I found a photo of it, they were the first things to be remove. George helped me fill the holes and gave me my first lesson in gelcoating.

Top hatch VHS small.JPG
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    All fresh water boats

Option1- 1996 Blackhawk- 330 hours
    http://www.boats4sale.pro/detail/us/...ssic-BlackHawk

This guy was original owner, has paperwork from Donzi. Seems to have cared for the boat well, but has it on a roller trailer (which scares me a little) says he lives on the lake and the boat has never been to any other lake but that one. So he uses this lousy trailer to launch but not transport anywhere. My impression is, he is truly an enthusiast and probably took care of it.

Option2- 1996 Blackhawk - 200 hours
    http://www.boats4sale.pro/detail/us/...awk-Gilford-NH.
    He says he's the 3rd owner. Says it's a very fun boat, in excellent condition. Selling to put the money toward a big, go fast Donzi.

Option3- 1989 very clean, NOT a black hawk, carbureted engine- 12 hours
    http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/22924 (use this link only for the photos, he replaced the engine and did not renew the ad, he says he's about to winterize and store until next season. boat now has 540 Dart block, full build sheet and warranty would be provided to me, Bravo 1 drive. I've heard the 89' is a good solid Hull (but not sure if that's true).

Thanks guys!
    As stated, the Blackhawk is a different beast. IMO, Donzi put too much rocker in the hull and made the boat flighty in certain conditions. However, if you want a "driver's boat" that is fast and loose, the Blackhawk can be an absolute blast to drive. In consistent water it will shine, in confused water it is a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    As stated, the Blackhawk is a different beast. IMO, Donzi put too much rocker in the hull and made the boat flighty in certain conditions. However, if you want a "driver's boat" that is fast and loose, the Blackhawk can be an absolute blast to drive. In consistent water it will shine, in confused water it is a handful.
    Blackhawk. Do you or anybody out there have close ups on the Blackhawk rockers for comparison

Blackhawk Rocker Hull vs. "Hooked" Hull?

Hi guys

I emailed the seller and asked him if his boat is an actual Blackhawk 22 with the "rocker" hull or if it was simply a 22 classic with a black hawk drive on it, his answer was as follows:

"My Donzi has a "hooked hull" and is technically not compatible with the Black hawk drive."

I do not know what a "Hooked Hull" is... do you? Knowing this new found information about this boat (this is boat option 1 on my original post) I believe he's saying this is not a Blackhawk 22 Hull.... but what is it??

Thanks guys!

Jeff

Hook is the opposite of rocker. Think of it as a built in trim tab that is down.

The seller provided the wrong answer. 22's ( classics ) have none, Blackhawks have rocker, about 2" over 8' if my reference and dimension taking ( actually doing it ) were correct.

This boat needs a site visit... Hull number will help immensly.. A 22 Classic with a BH rocks but bring the power. The real BH boat is a different animal and I don't think folks that own 'em want a whole lot more....

I know I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    The seller provided the wrong answer. 22's ( classics ) have none, Blackhawks have rocker, about 2" over 8' if my reference and dimension taking ( actually doing it ) were correct.

This boat needs a site visit... Hull number will help immensly.. A 22 Classic with a BH rocks but bring the power. The real BH boat is a different animal and I don't think folks that own 'em want a whole lot more....

I know I wouldn't
    They weren't intentionally built with a hook. Seems that the consensus is most have some regardless

Quote Originally Posted by fysis View Post
    Blackhawk. Do you or anybody out there have close ups on the Blackhawk rockers for comparison
    I don't think I do. I sold mine long ago and can't recall if I took any pics. Going off memory there was a slight rocker the last 6' or so of the boat

Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    Hi guys

I emailed the seller and asked him if his boat is an actual Blackhawk 22 with the "rocker" hull or if it was simply a 22 classic with a black hawk drive on it, his answer was as follows:

"My Donzi has a "hooked hull" and is technically not compatible with the Black hawk drive."

I do not know what a "Hooked Hull" is... do you? Knowing this new found information about this boat (this is boat option 1 on my original post) I believe he's saying this is not a Blackhawk 22 Hull.... but what is it??

Thanks guys!

Jeff
    It sounds like this is a normal Classic hull with a blackhawk drive. As stated, they are not intentionally built with a hook, but many of them do have hook.

I think a few people have tried this with mixed results. IMO the X dimension is too low.

Lightbulb

Ask for a better shot of the transom, the one in the ad is blurry but the tips do look high.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Thread Information