Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Having a problem with adding a album to the FORUM

The option to change the skin does not appear on my screen either. I remember where it was and I can see it just fine on D.org so I don't think it's a problem on my end...

Frank
    Triple Hatch.
    It's a classic Donzi, not a Donzi Classic.

I don't know why we have this communication gap...

Bottom left of this page. Any page. Scroll down to the very bottom. The "skin" is a word used to describe the graphics. YOU are in control of them, not the site.

There is a drop down box that says, vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc. Use the vB4. This is what the banners and other graphics use for the color they apply to the site. Some are too dark and hide the links within their own dark graphics.

YOU have to change them if you want them to go to default, or, we have to remove the option of having personalized website preferences...

or call me

250-361-8234

Quote Originally Posted by penbroke View Post
    The option to change the skin does not appear on my screen either. I remember where it was and I can see it just fine on D.org so I don't think it's a problem on my end...

Frank
    .org has only two profiles for these graphics, " donzi.org and vB4 Default style " which both support easy viewing of these links.

.net has about 5 options... 2 of which don't help a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I don't know why we have this communication gap...

Bottom left of this page. Any page. Scroll down to the very bottom. The "skin" is a word used to describe the graphics. YOU are in control of them, not the site.

There is a drop down box that says, vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc. Use the vB4. This is what the banners and other graphics use for the color they apply to the site. Some are too dark and hide the links within their own dark graphics.

YOU have to change them if you want them to go to default, or, we have to remove the option of having personalized website preferences...

or call me

250-361-8234
    Here are (2) pictures. One of the BOTTOM of this Thread and the other of the BOTTOM of the Main FORUM Page. Do you see a drop down box that says vb4 vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc? I even asked my nieghbor from accross the street who is a IT guy for GM, he doesn't see it either..........................

Hard to believe I ran a 3.5 Million Dollar gravere 3 story4 station printing press with about 75 buttons...............................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.
    HARDIN Thru Hull Exhaust Tips
    MIRAGE PLUS 25 Pitch Prop
    Top Speed 61MPH/GPS - 4800RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0j73l5s2U

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust
    MERCURY VENGEANCE 48-16320A46 13 1/2 INCH X 23 PITCH PROP
    Top Speed 64MPH/GPS - 4300RPM

Frank
    So it's possible some of us CAN'T SEE IT AND WE ARE NOT CRAZY??????
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust

I can't see it, because it doesn't appear on my screen either
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Lenny, I know what it is and I know where it is (or was). I thought maybe it was blue on blue so clicked every few pixels from the left end of the colored bar that it should be in for 1/4 the width of the screen. It's not there. Trust me...

Can you change mine to vB4 from your end? Or add it to the changeable user settings somewhere?

Frank
    Triple Hatch.

Lenny, I know what it is and I know where it is (or was). I thought maybe it was blue on blue so clicked every few pixels from the left end of the colored bar that it should be in for 1/4 the width of the screen. It's not there. Trust me...

Can you change mine to vB4 from your end? Or add it to the changeable user settings somewhere?

Frank
    AMEN, Brother .......I did the same thing you did. NOT THERE!
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust

weird...

leave it with me... again

OK, Forum Actions at top, General settings, Miscellaneous options, Forum Skin ( it's there, scroll down ) enable vB4 default and enable WSIWYG.

Folks, you have me baffled as I can view this under many names and they all work fine... any 'puter, many OS.

Which Windows are you using ?

Chrome is my browser

I am on WIN 7 in a few places, WIN 8 in others. Even behind a Corporate Firewall in a couple cases. Internet Explorer also works fine for me.

???

The only way I can get that screenshot ( that folks posted ) without the "skin" option is by NOT logging in to the site. As soon as I log in, or my wife, these options and the "skin" option appear. Without logging in the general settings don't function. Once logged in, " Forum Actions " responds differently with different options. Otherwise, it reads " mark forums read ". Log in and you get more stuff.

Seriously, some one call me and we can sort this out. I can't make it not work, anywhere. 250-361-8234 PST

Thank God I have hair to pull out...

Last edited by Lenny; 09-03-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DONZI-DON View Post
    Here are (2) pictures. One of the BOTTOM of this Thread and the other of the BOTTOM of the Main FORUM Page. Do you see a drop down box that says vb4 vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc? I even asked my nieghbor from accross the street who is a IT guy for GM, he doesn't see it either..........................

Hard to believe I ran a 3.5 Million Dollar gravere 3 story4 station printing press with about 75 buttons...............................
    Was it a G5000? ..Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    OK, Forum Actions at top, General settings, Miscellaneous options, Forum Skin ( it's there, scroll down ) enable vB4 default and enable WSIWYG.

Folks, you have me baffled as I can view this under many names and they all work fine... any 'puter, many OS.

Which Windows are you using ?

Chrome is my browser

I am on WIN 7 in a few places, WIN 8 in others. Even behind a Corporate Firewall in a couple cases. Internet Explorer also works fine for me.

???

The only way I can get that screenshot ( that folks posted ) without the "skin" option is by NOT logging in to the site. As soon as I log in, or my wife, these options and the "skin" option appear. Without logging in the general settings don't function. Once logged in, " Forum Actions " responds differently with different options. Otherwise, it reads " mark forums read ". Log in and you get more stuff.

Seriously, some one call me and we can sort this out. I can't make it not work, anywhere. 250-361-8234 PST

Thank God I have hair to pull out...

I hate to be the one to say it but it's not in Forum Actions > General Settings > Misc. options either, at least not for me.

I have tried Explorer, Chrome and Cyberfox on Win7 and Firefox on Ubuntu, all with the same results. I'm pretty sure it was the same with Chrome on XP as well. It's not a problem for me, I was just backing up what Don was saying.

If you want I can PM my password to you and you can log in as me. Then at least you would be able to see what we see. Happy to help if I can...

Frank
    Triple Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    Was it a G5000? ..Ed
    ROTOMEC _ Italian's brought them from Italy and gave us a whooping 2 weeks training and handed over the keys..................
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust

Lenny,

I'm running Microsoft Windows XP 2002 with the Office Package.
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust

OK, with Franks help I see what you see. I can't explain it. I also created a new test account and indeed it is as you say. It is related to a dark chrome thing. Why some dont have access to this default I have no idea. If you right click on the blue bar at the bottom you can "inspect the element ". I looked at mine, ( footer profile ) and it is the same as Franks, yet mine functions differently.

This is gonna take a bit ...

Thanx

Thread Information