Thread: Replacement Wiring Harness for X-18

Replacement Wiring Harness for X-18

Hi all. After a summer of the X-18 running pretty much trouble free I had an electrical fire while running on Wednesday. Luckily I was within 100' of the house and was able to get it back on the lift. The main wiring harness apparently had been replaced when the deck was removed and tank replaced by a previous owner. It's obviously a home wiring job, and it appears that the fault occurred between the 10ga pos and neg wires feeding the fuse panel at the dash; they seem to be pinched between the deck and hull, as it won't pull out. About 4 feet of visible harness burnt. Can anyone recommend a source for a replacement wiring harness? I've seen ones from CP Performance and EBasicPower, and have also considered purchasing the 10 and 14 ga wire myself and building my own with soldered terminals and wire loom. I would like some input before I chose the route I go.... Thanks!
    -Kev

I used the merc replacement harness from e basic and their engine harness. I put on my own eyelets
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Why don't you ask Dave Hartman if he can hook you up with a Hornet marine harness. I don't think you could ever find a better one. I would like one for the Minx
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I am going to go the Ebasicpower route. Happy Boating!
    -Kev

Thread Information