Thread: 16 Classic - Yanmar Diesel

16 Classic - Yanmar Diesel

I stumbled on this listing but the ad has been taken down. Looks like it was in the Chicago area.

Donzi 16 Classic RARE Diesel, Bennett trim tabs

Jul10, 2014... 1999 Donzi 16 Classic RARE Diesel,1 of 3 Made with Yanmar Diesel - 125 HP
    Model 4JH3-DTE, Mercury Transom and Drive Assembly, ...

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/bod/4562162295
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Fuel efficient and durable, but I dont know how you could justify the cost. It would be heavy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by donzidon View Post
    Fuel efficient and durable, but I dont know how you could justify the cost. It would be heavy as well.
    Agreed a diesel is expensive, but mostly only when new. Makes no difference in this case though, right, as the used market price is what it is. As to weight, it's a 1.6 liter engine, less than 550 lbs. Power to weight ratio is lousy compared to gas, but not heavy as an absolute.

With thy funds to blow, it'd be fun to try a newer diesel, like a 220 HP Volvo. Weight is about the same as the 125 HP Yanmar or a 4.3 gas, with virtually the same power as the high output 4.3.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

I think it is more about breast feeding off it's mother than all out performance, the perfect grocery getter for Elmer J Fudd millionaire I own a mansion and a yacht .
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Here in St Augustine

There was a 16 with a Yanmar in it for sale here about 5 or 6 years ago. Very clean. He wanted 12K
    Said he got it direct from Donzi. It was cute but it really didn't turn me on. There was one at the My Dora show a few years back with a BMW diesel stuffed in it. It ran pretty good but the engine compartment was crowded.
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

Thread Information