Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cig 20 Outboard????

MOJO1, if you are ever in the area

drop by. I know I have seen this boat around. I am on Piers Island during the summer months. About 2000' from Bill Gardens ( R.I.P ) Deer island in Victoria.

I spent many days of my early childhood at his house there as he showed me how to " loft " hulls... ( in pencil and with weights and arcs )

Pretty cool stuff. Bill always drew a nice looking, GREAT running boat.

Very nice !

Here is the ad. That is a lot of money to spend on a restoration. If all that is true and the motor checks out under a test run, I'd just buy it and have fun with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Just wanted to chime in briefly about this boat, because I believe I dug up some information about them when I was researching my Cig 20 about 2.5 yrs ago. If memory serves, Cigarette actually licensed the 20 to Larsen. I don't believe many were made, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr2kwl View Post
    Just wanted to chime in briefly about this boat, because I believe I dug up some information about them when I was researching my Cig 20 about 2.5 yrs ago. If memory serves, Cigarette actually licensed the 20 to Larsen. I don't believe many were made, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
    That would make sense as the boat that is for sale looks like it has a round bottom. If that is the case then it is a splash of the Cig 20 I/O that Larson decided to throw a bracket on. All of the factory Cigarette 21'OB hulls had true pointy V's and the race console. Some say 12 were built and some say 6. Either way the Cig 21 OB was very rare.

Good info jtr2kwl

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Some very cool info in those threads MC and man do you guys get all the non standard boats in that race. I'd like to race my Team Warlock in that and stay at Pink Beach Club while there.

Here is a picture of a factory Cigarette 21 O/B with a 2.5 Mercury ..........
    Ik this thread is a few months old but I was wondering if you had anymore info or photos you could share on 21 cigs? The one in this photo is hull #11 out of 13 and just finished getting all new interior, transom/ stringers, and a good wet sanding and buff and now we are rebuilding the motor to get a little more hp out of her.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monopoly 46 View Post
    Ik this thread is a few months old but I was wondering if you had anymore info or photos you could share on 21 cigs? The one in this photo is hull #11 out of 13 and just finished getting all new interior, transom/ stringers, and a good wet sanding and buff and now we are rebuilding the motor to get a little more hp out of her.
    Thanks
    I'm not clear on which Cigarette you actually own Monopoly. Post up a couple of clear photos of it and I'm sure I have some additional info in the archive

I'm not clear on which Cigarette you actually own Monopoly. Post up a couple of clear photos of it and I'm sure I have some additional info in the archive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	81972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	81973

What are the first three letters of the HIN? Post a clear picture of the inside of the transom area and stringers. Depending on what I see Scott Layman may have specifics. How do you know it is # 11?

That's a nice little fella you have there. I'm on my way over to this one ..............
    Greg, Is that EV? Looks like it to me... I've been on that boat several times...

Thread Information