Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michigan club/gathering.

Port Huron Run

No lake to cross should the weather be uncooperative... the run up the river is fine for almost all conditions.... Black River in Port Huron has a few good eateries
    1999 22' Donzi Classic
    1991 31' Tiara Open

Might as well go under the Bluewater Bridge and into Lake Huron at least to the main channel marker (modern lighthouse). Yes, there are restaurants and gas on the Black River. The St. Clair River is a lot of fun and there are only a couple of spots to be careful of.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Not sure he was available no real confirms so I guess I will wait til next season do a little more planning and some advance notice.

Weather forecast is 84* but 50% chance of T-storms. I'm in for sure next year.

----Ralph,,,Who is "he" and why are we not doing this??? I thought you had a good idea going. I was in. Mark was in weather he is in his boat or mine. Just because Carl has been knocking the weather is no reason to cancel. Too few weekends left this summer. Ill be looking for Donzis around Gull on the 24th, just not yellow ones as there may be a cloud over Detroit or something.......Bill S

Ralph your idea was great a simple meet & greet & a run to Browns. As you know I have done the Old School Reunion on Lake St Clair, it works because I keep it simple. With this type of event if you start out KEEPING IT SIMPLE,, than if it takes off it can be build on it for the next year. There are now around 5 waterfront restaurants you could run to on Lake St Clair without braking the bank or your back in a classic Donzi. Don't try to make it like Ronnie's SKATER FEST they have DEEP pockets & don't mind dropping $$$$$ in fuel & equipment & cost. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ----Ralph,,,Who is "he" and why are we not doing this??? I thought you had a good idea going. I was in. Mark was in weather he is in his boat or mine. Just because Carl has been knocking the weather is no reason to cancel. Too few weekends left this summer. Ill be looking for Donzis around Gull on the 24th, just not yellow ones as there may be a cloud over Detroit or something.......Bill S
    What's up with the attitude problem?

----No attitude problem at all, Carl,,,really. You stated you couldn't come and then gave us far out, week away weather reports that, living in Michigan, you have to know probably wont pan out. I should ask you why the negativity for an outing you already said you couldn't go to. Im really sorry if you think that's an attitude problem.......Bill S

Carl; A little rain never hurt anybody
    At A.O.T.H. This year we had a little rain, a little sleet,a little hail.
    And a lot of sun,fun,and super people.
    If it wasn't for my health issues at the moment I would be there...Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    Actually it looks like the weather will cooperate. I said all along that the main stumbling block for me is having to close my business. You guys go ahead and have fun. My week-ends will be open next summer. There is a group of fast Donzi Classics that puts in downriver and they like to actually run the boats in true off-shore conditions. If all goes as planned next summer will be my first AOTH also!

Thumbs up Well

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    Y'all come with us then. Us Winni folks are running with the "Woodie's this Saturday with a Helicopter

Rain or shine thats how we roll. Ed D,,, "Come On Down" http://www.nhbm.org/

Wish I could make it. You guys have fun. In another couple years, I'll be there with my boy!
    If you on the sho', then you sho' not me, yo.

1997 18 Classic 350 MAG/MPI Bravo -
    2004 Formula 27PC T-350 MAG/MPI Bravo III

Sunday 24th

I plan on being on channel side of gull island around 2 pm Sunday 24 th. I will be alone so I may take my red and white 18 or will be in my red and white magnum. We can bs and go from there. If no shows I will at least have a great swim.

Confirming

The island I speak of is where jobbie nooner is held.

----See you there, Ralph!!!........Bill S

Thread Information