Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michigan club/gathering.

Michigan club/gathering.

Has there been a Michigan donzi club or gathering. I am in metro detroit and jealous of out of state gatherings. I would be happy to help organize. Where would be a good gathering spot?

----Browns on Harsens Island......Bill S

Browns

Sounds good to me. A Saturday or Sunday?

Date

Aug 23 or 24 first annual? Or meet at gull island during day with a 3 pm run up around algonac and stop at browns.

Short drive from Toronto. Would be in for next year..Ed

----Theres a great ramp just a half mile from my house a half mile south of Marine City for boats 24ft and under. Im only a short hop to Algonac area and know the water. Either day is OK for me. If you guys feel adventurous we could also go north to Port Huron. Theres a good restaurant on the Black River up there. Just a bit further, but would be fun. But,,,,,, Browns is a hoot!!!........Bill S

Sounds like I have to put the Doral or X-18 in the water for this event, tuff decision...

I can't make it this year. Next year I will be out of the flea market business and can do week-end get-togethers. Don't venture into the channels around Harsen's from Lake St. Clair if you don't know what you are doing. It's dangerous around there. I usually put in at Selfridge ANG Base. It's safer from Marine City but a longer drive for most. Some guys put in downriver. We should be able to start a really good annual run on Lake St. Clair. A day run to Put-in-Bay for lunch is always fun and would let us run our boats a good while. I might just close the business for a day for that; If the weather cooperates.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Gathering

Sunday August 24 is good for me. Suppose if 2 show up it is a gathering. I will be at channel side of gull island between 1:30 and 2 heading out up river and around to browns at 3. This all assumes weather is decent 75 plus. Please post if anyone else going. Stay out in lake til you hit shipping channel markers. Follow them in and you will be fine. Ps I have a red and white 94 18 with red sests.

The weather this summer has sucked. I have not been on the Great Lakes at all yet. The long term forecast for the 24th shows rain. Do you guys want to hang at Brown's Bar (which is very cool) or do you want to go for a real run? The run to PIB is about 80 miles each way from north Lake St. Clair. There are three segments. The Lake, Detroit River and crossing the end of Lake Erie. I love this run. They have a dock & dine special and a gas dock. The $400 lunch run. The run up the St. Clair River into Lake Huron is fun too and not nearly as long. I'm in if the weather cooperates and we are going to run the boats. Brown's is a great place to cap off a good run with some chow and a drink.

The run

Run to PIB a little much for an 18 but I am up for port Huron maybe should meet earlier like 1 pm at browns? Weather will be a factor. Pass the word. Ps I like longer runs and would love to do PIB in my magnum but probably can't keep up with your 22.

I really doubt the weather will cooperate anyway. I'd love to start a major gathering here on the Great Lakes and have a different run every year. There is plenty to do on these waters. The 18 is a very capable boat as long as the lakes aren't kicking up and if they are we will all be slowing down. I've aborted a couple PIB runs when we got to Erie and it was acting up. For me this year will be tough but next year I can join the week-end fun. Maybe even AOTH! I really want to make one run to PIB this summer but the weather just has not allowed it. If by some miracle the 24th is a hot sunny day I will try to make it.

Carl; we can get together for A.O.T.H. 2015 I hope you don't drive like you boat.
    I like to keep it under 80 on the highway..Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    Carl; we can get together for A.O.T.H. 2015 I hope you don't drive like you boat.
    I like to keep it under 80 on the highway..Ed
    I hope to do that, Ed. My first AOTH. Cool . 60 to 70 when towing the boat. Had the black Mustang up to 140 twice. That is all she's got. Wow....AOTH. . This years theme should be "Yellow Donzis".

Good. I won't have to get a hitch on the Vette to keep up with you..Ed
    Sorry. Gents for jumping all over your thread..

Thread Information