Thread: Donzi Classic 22, West Coast/Lake Tahoe

Donzi Classic 22, West Coast/Lake Tahoe

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a fresh water 22 Classic. I am also considering a GT21, Hornet II or Hornet III.

I have seen a few Classic 22s listed on the west coast but no one has been responsive to messages or calls. This boat's new home is going to be in Lake Tahoe at 6000+ feet so a 502 with a Merc outdrive that is close to original would be preferable. I am open to a 454 but would like something that hasn't been modified to the point that it is not reliable.

Thank you!
    Phil

there is a very nice 1986 Hornet III for sale through Sierra Boats in Lake Tahoe

it's on a pretty nice trailer too

maybe you can work them on the asking price a little

GLWTP
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

It is funny that you mention that Hornet III as it was the first one I looked into. Originally, I was looking into a 21ft Chris Craft utility that has a 427 and another 20ft Hacker Craft with a Hemi. Both of which I have been eying for YEARS and Sierra Boat has had listed for as long as I can remember. It is a shame that those boats are sitting collecting dust because they are beautiful. The reality is that both boats need a lot of work and I can't justify the cost with the price they are asking. As a result, we started thinking classic glass could be a good rout. Easier to maintain and MUCH faster

We have a friend who has a supercharged Hornet II on the lake which is unbelievably fast. I have always been a fan of the classic Donzi's so I started looking for Hornet IIs and IIIs since I want something at least 20ft long. Someone in the Lake George Donzi club turned me onto the Classic 22 and GT because they have a steeper deadrise.

Back to the Hornet III. I looked into it a couple weeks ago and a few friends who are familiar with that boat suggested I don't waste my time and look else ware.

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    there is a very nice 1986 Hornet III for sale through Sierra Boats in Lake Tahoe

it's on a pretty nice trailer too

maybe you can work them on the asking price a little

GLWTP

Well it just so happens that I may have a boat or 2 that you may be interested in.
    Maybe not

I have been collecting and heres what is left as I am thinning out

1974 Chris Craft XK22
    1971 Chris Craft XK19
    1965 Formula Jr 17'
    1978 Century Arabian with 454
    1958 Chris Craft Capri 19'
    1988 HackerCraft 35' triple cockpit with twin 454's
    1957 Chris Craft Continental 23' with Hemi engine and 3rd bench seat
    1976 Dan Arena 21XL

Unfortunately I sold my Benchseat Donzi Hornet this year which I am regretting. There will be others. Oh wait, no there won't.

If you are looking for some serious power and a rough water boat that tracks like its on rails, check out Parnells GT 21. Worth the drive..Ed

Thanks ED, I have seen that one listed and watched some of the videos. It is pretty sweet but a bit more tricked out than what I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    If you are looking for some serious power and a rough water boat that tracks like its on rails, check out Parnells GT 21. Worth the drive..Ed

Thread Information