Thread: ecu blew

ecu blew

So was hoping to have my boat done but the ecu blew up when put into my boat it is a 555 and was on a 5.7 with the whipple charger program into it I am sick of my boat it has been 2 years.I am thinking of selling when done.thanks craig

Quote Originally Posted by craigdskilling View Post
    So was hoping to have my boat done but the ecu blew up when put into my boat it is a 555 and was on a 5.7 with the whipple charger program into it I am sick of my boat it has been 2 years.I am thinking of selling when done.thanks craig
    Two years is nothing, I'm going on 7 years next month.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Don't get discourage it's just the nature of the beast. especially when modified equipment is used
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

I feel your pain Craig. I can actually say I know exactly what you are going through. I spent four years, and all kinds of money, trying to get a high performance motor set up in my Sport, dealing with one issue after another. Eventually the engine cratered on me, enough was enough, and at that point, and totally frustrated, I had a new stock engine built and sold the boat.

Steve

There's a stock 2008 350 mpi on OSO $6,000 drop in run and while you play with the Whipple set up, fwiw I lost a month with a leaking intercooler and about $1,200 spent. Hang in there
    2006 CLASSIC 18 WHIPPLED MX 6.2, BRAVO 1, STAINLESS MARINE EXHAUST, LATHAM STEERING, IMCO 2" SHORTY, LABBED MIRAGE PLUS

TALK IS CHEAP, I'M FROM THE "SHOW ME STATE" SHOW ME

Well looks like I'm rewiring the now.It's the original wiring from 1984 he was going to trouble shoot and try to to find it so I think it will be cheaper to re do it so now the boat is all new.He said it was working on there test module bat when pluged into boat nothing.Oh and my holidays with no boat was great not.He says I will be out before the summer end .But it looks like I found a supercharger for my 1999 mustang convertible at his shop.

Thread Information