Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clunk! Bang! Click!

Could a weak battery be my culprit? I ask this because it has never happened when I have had both batteries paralleled. Both my batteries are old. One came whit the boat when purchased used in 2005. The other was installed in 2008.

The short answer is yes. Old batteries, and boat batteries in particular can suffer from lack of maintenance, and none of them last forever.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by TBroccoli View Post
    Could a weak battery be my culprit? I ask this because it has never happened when I have had both batteries paralleled. Both my batteries are old. One came whit the boat when purchased used in 2005. The other was installed in 2008.
    Some times the battery has enough juice to throw the solenoid but not enough to crank. but when you kick it a few times you'll end up with it just clicking. If the riser is leaking it would always fill the cylinders that have an open exhaust valve. so I think it would do it often 1/2 of the time not once in a while. If it's the head Gasket, they usually blow between the middle cylinders. so only those 2 cylinders have to have the pistons below top dead center Note that they have back to back exhaust events which is why they blow out there. In this case it would happen a 1/4 of the time. Your best bet is to replace the battery first as you can always use one some where, so it's not a waste of money
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

You can buy a battery load tester pretty cheap. One of my two batteries went bad this year after 8 or 9 years of service. I load test them every spring and store them indoors in the winter.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Thread Information