Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Prop advice for Scot VanAlstine's boat

Just a note of thanks

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice regarding the appropriate prop on my boat. I installed a Revolution 4 21 pitch this year, and the cavitation is almost all gone. Boat runs 65 on GPS at 5,000 RPMs.

Now my only problem is the tabs. Eddie Marine will only sell a complete system with the pumps and switch. I am going to try and cut them and maybe replace the rams with something else to avoid spending $2,500. I would not buy their product knowing that you can't buy a spare part if you damage something. This summer I just took them off.

.... and I may have to do something about that dry exhaust. My cousin clearly hear the boat on the golf course a mile from the water. May be a bit much.

Thank you again for all the good advice.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by donzidon View Post
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice regarding the appropriate prop on my boat. I installed a Revolution 4 21 pitch this year, and the cavitation is almost all gone. Boat runs 65 on GPS at 5,000 RPMs.

Now my only problem is the tabs. Eddie Marine will only sell a complete system with the pumps and switch. I am going to try and cut them and maybe replace the rams with something else to avoid spending $2,500. I would not buy their product knowing that you can't buy a spare part if you damage something. This summer I just took them off.

.... and I may have to do something about that dry exhaust. My cousin clearly hear the boat on the golf course a mile from the water. May be a bit much.

Thank you again for all the good advice.

Don
    Great news that does not surprise me. The Rev 4 props are wonderful for so many applications!

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Do you have any pics of the drive,tabs,hood etc. How fast was the boat with the outboard setup. How much power from the 454 now.

Thread Information