When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Just curious; did Donzi ever offer the Volvo DPX drive from the factory? How would this boat compare, performance wise, to a similar boat equipped with the Mercury Black Hawk drive?

Quote Originally Posted by 1996Z15 View Post
    Just curious; did Donzi ever offer the Volvo DPX drive from the factory? How would this boat compare, performance wise, to a similar boat equipped with the Mercury Black Hawk drive?
    Not sure why, but I have in my head that they made 2 with this 385/DPX package. I'd guess it would be slower than a BH because the DPX is much deeper, but faster than a B3 because the DPX is more hydodynamic. I want to say the fastest Tony's former boat went was in the 71-73 range, also a 385 I believe.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

think they may have made a couple more think there was a white and blue one too that came up for sale just around the time Tony bought his think it was up in the northern NY or Canada area.

i have seen this boat on the lake but always at the dock have never seen it run and the drive is deep I didn't realize it was a dpx I thought it was an sx the top of the drive is under the water. I think they perform better than a B1 with the same HP and handle well without much of the quirks the classics can have. looks to be in good shape

this pic is from a year or two back and the water line is common if the boat is in the water for a day or two it cleans right off something with the mineral and algae content of the lake
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1996Z15 View Post

I have one(454-385)...not sure how many were produced, mine was built in 2000 but not sold until 2002(to someone in Naples Fla.). I'm about 100 miles north of Toronto.

71-73mph is pretty accurate I think...best I ever got was 71 according to my Garmin but I was running out of lake and maybe with more chop and less fuel who knows?

The DPX has the integrated hydraulic steering and at WOT it runs like its on rails(absolutely no torque steer).

Volvo claim that the DPX is good for 600HP.

Love it!! It's a great package.

Thread Information