Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Bench Seat Hornet Values??? Thoughts?

Going to keep it all original. Yes...Keeping it a TRS. I will have to locate some Turbos also.

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Congrats
    Looking forward to seeing her redone.
    Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Damn so distracted finding a 22 dpx down the street then this turns up in my backyard

only kidding congrats glad you got your old boat back now you own one of every benchseat Donzi they ever made . We will call that the Benchseat triple crown.

so what will be next the 18 grand slam I mean you are only 2 boats away from having every 18 they made just need to get the chicken boat back and pick up an x 18.

OR you could pick up another Hornet II and III and fill out a Hornet grand slam.

you my friend have issues LOL

can't wait to see it returned to glory
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Start a new thread and this time as the resto progresses add to the same thread (like Mr. Carter) instead of a bunch of new ones. Makes it easier to keep track of what's going on
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

----Mucho congratulations, Scott!!!,,,Im sure that was one of Johns personal Criterions. I remember it from 188th street. If Im not mistaken it had a power operated bar that went up electricly. lm not sure how long he used it before someone snapped it up but it wasn't long.

----Same exact vinyl that is in Chip Millers "Bill Ford" Critter. Almost looks like it could be saved. I saw Chips last weekend at Marks racers reunion and he was able to save it all. Must be pretty heavy duty stuff........Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy View Post
    Damn so distracted finding a 22 dpx down the street then this turns up in my backyard

only kidding congrats glad you got your old boat back now you own one of every benchseat Donzi they ever made . We will call that the Benchseat triple crown.

so what will be next the 18 grand slam I mean you are only 2 boats away from having every 18 they made just need to get the chicken boat back and pick up an x 18.

OR you could pick up another Hornet II and III and fill out a Hornet grand slam.

you my friend have issues LOL

can't wait to see it returned to glory
    No...I'm done...this is it. I will be dead before I can get to all of them. Once I'm gone you have to deal with Tammy for all my crap...I feel bad for her once she needs to deal with that.

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Greg..You got it.

Bill...Yes I'm pretty sure this is the boat. Shame there is no line card for it. The interior can be saved, maybe just needs the foam replaced in the bottom cushions. Chips boat looks amazing!

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pearson View Post
    No...I'm done...this is it. I will be dead before I can get to all of them. Once I'm gone you have to deal with Tammy for all my crap...I feel bad for her once she needs to deal with that.
    Not to worry Tammy and I have it all planned out
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Scott, I'm glad it's you doing this. I don't have another one in me.
    I'm moving on to other things.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    That briefs well, but in six months you're going to start peeking at craigslist and the classifieds "just browsing" for another project.

For now enjoy the TR - it's turning out awesome!
    "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."
    - Bill Jordan

1998 Donzi 21LXR
    1971 Boston Whaler 13

My Wife says.............

Scott,
    I told my wife I am selling everything BEFORE I die . I told her I don't want some Ahole getting all my boats... she said "what makes you thing I am going to marry another Ahole..." Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pearson View Post
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

Quote Originally Posted by bertsboat View Post
    Scott,
    I told my wife I am selling everything BEFORE I die . I told her I don't want some Ahole getting all my boats... she said "what makes you thing I am going to marry another Ahole..." Nice find.
    Now thats funny....

Thanks!

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    I'm with you there George.

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Quote Originally Posted by fastfun2 View Post
    Some pretty class-less posts on this thread in my opinion.

Here's a thought, don't like the asking price? Don't buy it. Don't like the paint or the name? Don't buy it. IF this was one of YOUR boats for sale and a thread was started bashing it, you would be furious. Now I am in the same boat (pun intended) as Jason, I get nothing out of the sale. That being said I have grown up with this boat at our shop and spent many hours in it. The paint job is a very solid job, don't believe me, come look at it. Is it a show room piece? No. Is it a 1968 boat, yes. The rigging is immaculate and done by one the best offshore riggers to ever live, the same guy who built the 427 side oiler that's in it, the same multi-world champion who designed a lot of motors for HM. If this boat doesn't have pedigree, I don't know what does. I can tell you offering the owner half the asking price wont get you anywhere, and neither will running down his boat.
    Johnny I just talked to Bob & he said you guy's rebuilt the carb flushed & cleaned the fuel tank & did all necessary maintenance items this Donzi needed. Bob also said your Dad Jason ran it today & it rocked. I will see you in St Clair for the rest of the details. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    Johnny I just talked to Bob & he said you guy's rebuilt the carb flushed & cleaned the fuel tank & did all necessary maintenance items this Donzi needed. Bob also said your Dad Jason ran it today & it rocked. I will see you in St Clair for the rest of the details. Mark
    And it ran fantastic!

Just a quick update, the boat sold for the asking price about 3 weeks ago to an extremely thrilled Donzi fan. He grew up on Lake George in the late 60s, enamored with what a cool boat it was. It will be staying 100% original and enjoyed by him and his family!

Thread Information