Thread: Power steering cooler

Power steering cooler

Does it matter if the power steering cooler is on the output side of the seawater pump it is just much more convent to mount it there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Savarese View Post
    Does it matter if the power steering cooler is on the output side of the seawater pump it is just much more convent to mount it there for me
    It shouldn't. That is the way all the King Cobra ...or any boat with the impeller in the outdrive is set up.
    Jay Z.
    '93 White/Teal Classic 22

Very true did no think of it that way

There is an advantage to having it before the pump, if you impeller lets got the pieces end up in the end of your heat exchanger. If mounted after you end up having to pull hoses and back flush the P/S oil cooler, it is some nice being able to pull the end cap off the cooler and pick the pieces out!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    There is an advantage to having it before the pump, if you impeller lets got the pieces end up in the end of your heat exchanger. If mounted after you end up having to pull hoses and back flush the P/S oil cooler, it is some nice being able to pull the end cap off the cooler and pick the pieces out!
    Very true but due to space confinements and the addition of a sea cock it is much more practicle to go after the pump. If I have to it is very convenient due to location to slide out the cooler to check for debris. Thanks for the input I appreciate it but other than that is there any other cooling issues I should be concerned about being after the pump?

Thread Information