Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cup holder?

cup holder?

Anyone install one of these in the dash on their 22 classic?
    donzi_marine_parts-_flip_out_boat_cup_holder_cupholder.jpg

Or how about going crazy with some glass work on the dash and doing something like this drink holder on the Sutphen?

I've been thinking about glassing in my dash completely, getting one of the gel-coat wizards around here to match it then cut fresh holes for the gauges, simply put in a jack for connecting iphone or ipod for music, running it through and amp that is up in the ski locker
    21Sutphen072609038.jpg
    Jay Z.
    '93 White/Teal Classic 22

I was looking at those. I think they great except I don't like that they are plastic. If I could find them in stainless I'd put a couple in for the back seat passengers.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

I've done some customizing on my boat but drink holders isn't going to happen.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Hmm , never seen them before . They would have their constraints in terms of the amount or space behind the surface they were going to be mounted on though.
    And I don't really go for the size hole needed for their installation even if there is room behind the mounting surface.

There is a simple one available that I use that folds open and shut and the ring is adjustable for size of the container . Only 2 small screw holes required and when not in use is about the size of a pack of playing cards.
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

In a rough water boat I like Morgan Clouds idea better. Simple to fold down on the occasions you need them and out of the way for 75% of the time you are at cruise and above. I never liked how Sutphen did the bump out on there new 22. It looses valuable cockpit room in a small boat. Without it you can mount the bucket seat 6" closer to the dash which means 6" more leg room for the rear bench passengers. There are many things they could have done with the gunnel area that would have been recessed and out of the way.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

polished billet aluminum anyone?

billet cup holder.JPG
    Jay Z.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    Anyone install one of these in the dash on their 22 classic?
    donzi_marine_parts-_flip_out_boat_cup_holder_cupholder.jpg

Or how about going crazy with some glass work on the dash and doing something like this drink holder on the Sutphen?

I've been thinking about glassing in my dash completely, getting one of the gel-coat wizards around here to match it then cut fresh holes for the gauges, simply put in a jack for connecting iphone or ipod for music, running it through and amp that is up in the ski locker
    21Sutphen072609038.jpg
    This is standard Driver's cupholder on the 28 ZX. Trust me... it's a crappy cupholder. I'm adding a real cupholder on the dash because of it

We found these drink surround things at the boat show a few years back. they work well on a 22. I can't remember the name for the life of me. They were just a neoprene disk that you stretched around your drink/coozie and they actually worked.

here they are.... http://lilsucker.com/

polished billet aluminum anyone?

billet cup holder.JPG
    Where did you find those? I'm interested. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Where did you find those? I'm interested. Thanks

A year late but here you go: http://www.santanainteriors.com/products/billet/
    Jay Z.

I wanted to put my boat back in the water a year ago, but I couldn't because I didn't have the right cup holders. It's about time.

I did find that place shortly after you posted the pics. Unfortunately, the hole is only 3" in diameter. A decent coozie is 3.25" so it's a no go. To bad, because I really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan's Cloud View Post
    Hmm , never seen them before . They would have their constraints in terms of the amount or space behind the surface they were going to be mounted on though.
    And I don't really go for the size hole needed for their installation even if there is room behind the mounting surface.

There is a simple one available that I use that folds open and shut and the ring is adjustable for size of the container . Only 2 small screw holes required and when not in use is about the size of a pack of playing cards.
    Now you just have to tell us where to get them ...please...Ed

I have suction cup cupholders, I believe the company is SeaChoice, they have held up for years. I use them while on plane with no issue (although I wouldn't try on a rough day). The best part is they don't hurt the looks of the boat because they don't stay on full time
    Donzi 22' Classic

The original Donzi drink holder no holes no mess
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    Now you just have to tell us where to get them ...please...Ed
    I actually thought that if I had found them out here in no-where land they'd be very well known on the mainland.

Check 'em out at ....

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-m...15_454_003_502
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thread Information