Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yes Virginia, There will be a 50th Edition!

Sorry guys...Had to chime in here. That 50th looks like ass. It looks like an after thought. It has no style and looks thrown together with no good ideas on an attempt of how a 50th should look.

Matty and I spoke the other day and he mentioned a color of Grumble Green. Now that would have looked cool. ALL grumble green with a white deck and boot stripe, Green and white candycane interior, a split hatch or tripple hatch set-up, no windsheild, some old schools type SW gauges, 1 inch Tyco aluminum rub rail, Old decals and a new DONZI MARINE script...the list could go on and on. But for christ sake...someone needs to think out of the box.

Looks like the same typical Donzi. Almost like someone bought a new Ford or Chevy truck and went to Pepboys and purchased a bunch of stick on or bolt on S**T and had a field day.

Sorry DONZI...You got this one wrong. You guys really need to go back to the drawing board and/or get rid of some dead weight. Start thinking out of the box or your never going to survive.

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pearson View Post
    Sorry guys...Had to chime in here. That 50th looks like ass. It looks like an after thought. It has no style and looks thrown together with no good ideas on an attempt of a 50th should look.

Matty and I spoke the other day and he mentioned a color of Grumble Green. Now that would have looked cool. ALL grumble green with a white deck and boot stripe, Green and white candycane interior, a split hatch or tripple hatch set-up, no windsheild, some old schools type SW gauges, 1 inch Tyco aluminum rub rail, Old decals and a new DONZI MARINE script...the list could go on and on. But for christ sake...someone needs to think out of the box.

Looks like the same typical Donzi. Almost like someone bought a new Ford or Chevy truck and went to Pepboys and purchased a bunch of stick on or bolt on S**T and had a field day.

Sorry DONZI...You got this one wrong. You guys really need to go back to the drawing board and/or get rid of some dead weight. Start thinking out of the box or your never going to survive.
    how bout a Donzi and volvo edition back together after 50 years I would imagine the new VP430 would perform close to the 430 merc maybe even better with the weight savings, use less gas and handle much better the 50th is Gold work that in some how
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Pricing is up.

8.2 Mag HO, Bravo 1
    All gelcoat hull and deck
    High-back buckets
    Stereo
    K-Planes
    Hydraulic Steering

$89,305 +++++++++++++++++++++
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Let's throw in some carpeting to make it past 90K.

$90,010.

Sign me up.

Maybe I am not asking enough for my '97.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Here is the pricing sheet........

Classic_22_AnniversarySpecial.pdf
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Pricing & Pictures

http://www.donzimarine.com/Boats/Ord...arySpecial.pdf

Nothing offered on the Classic 16 Good thing becasue it would be around $65K by the 18 & 22 Pricing

$80K+ CLASSIC 18
    Over a $100K+ CLASSIC 22 EEEEEEKKKKKK - Who would of ever that a boat would cost more than a car which costs almost as much as a HOUSE

Does this mean our boats are worth more with a price Tag of $80K - I can't see many going to the east coast with that price tag.........NO JOBS HERE PAY THAT WELL..............OR, PEOPLE WILL BUY THEM ON IMPULSE AND HAVE TO SELL A YR OR TWO LATER AT A B I G - L O S S CHA_CHING CHA_CHIMG SAVINGS For the 2nd owners.

I think I'll find me a used DONZI SHELBY for much less.

Main.jpg
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.
    HARDIN Thru Hull Exhaust Tips
    MIRAGE PLUS 25 Pitch Prop
    Top Speed 61MPH/GPS - 4800RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0j73l5s2U

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust
    MERCURY VENGEANCE 48-16320A46 13 1/2 INCH X 23 PITCH PROP
    Top Speed 64MPH/GPS - 4300RPM

I think that's actually a pretty good pricing and it probably isn't too far off from the net pricing they had when they shut down a few years ago. Although I agree with Scott in that they need to do something new, I'm sure they'll sell a few of these. Heck, I won't be all that surprised if I see one sitting in my Dad's driveway next year.
    RickS-E

The price list reads like a hospital bill. There's an up charge on everything. . A digital depth sounder for $500. You can get a chart plotter and gps combo for that.

I don't get how they try to sell boat add ons like cars and trucks do. Cars and trucks actually offer upgrades in electrics and trim. I feel for $72000 all that stuff should be standard. It comes off like a used car salesman "Yah for another $1000 I'll throw in a spare tire"
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Quote Originally Posted by RickSE View Post
    I think that's actually a pretty good pricing and it probably isn't too far off from the net pricing they had when they shut down a few years ago. Although I agree with Scott in that they need to do something new, I'm sure they'll sell a few of these. Heck, I won't be all that surprised if I see one sitting in my Dad's driveway next year.
    It really isn't that out of line. Mine cost around $55,000 nine years ago. Let's assume that these list prices are negotiable too. The list price on mine in '05 was around $70,000.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    It really isn't that out of line. Mine cost around $55,000 nine years ago. Let's assume that these list prices are negotiable too. The list price on mine in '05 was around $70,000.
    Joseph's post went up while I was typing. I think you have to negotiate for a fully loaded one. Mine has all factory options available and the factory installed windscreen. The 496 HO is long gone though. I don't like that the steering is an option and is single ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post

I don't know.....I guess if I had a job that paid $500,000yr it would be easier to fork over $80-$100 grand for something I might use 40-50 times a yr. For me that $80-$100 Grand pays for a lot of college for my kids.
    1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.
    HARDIN Thru Hull Exhaust Tips
    MIRAGE PLUS 25 Pitch Prop
    Top Speed 61MPH/GPS - 4800RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0j73l5s2U

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust
    MERCURY VENGEANCE 48-16320A46 13 1/2 INCH X 23 PITCH PROP
    Top Speed 64MPH/GPS - 4300RPM

In 2005 I was making great money. I bought a brand new 22C from Pier 57 and put another $40,000 into it to get it the way I wanted it. I have $100,000 into it. Boating is my main passion. Now times have changed. The people elected Obama - twice. My income has fallen and there are lots of great deals on used boats. That abundance of used boats on the market is still hurting the industry. If the economy improves and folks start making money again and hanging onto their boats maybe the industry can come back. I read the small boat reviews in Boating mag and Donzi's pricing is not that out of line.

the base of 66k and 72k on the 50th move to 85,940 and 93,750 on the standard 22C as of feb 15th so if you want one time is limited
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

I'd be surprised if the pricing is negotiable if it's direct & purchased through the factory. A dealer may be able to swing a lower price but then you'd have to pay mark-up, otherwise I bet the price is the price.
    RickS-E

U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

Thread Information