Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yes Virginia, There will be a 50th Edition!

So was this a production boat or was it ordered that way. nice to see a new classic not a fan of yellow. It has the Shelby hatch is the x up on this boat
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy View Post
    So was this a production boat or was it ordered that way. nice to see a new classic not a fan of yellow. It has the Shelby hatch is the x up on this boat
    Matty, now that I have that same hatch, I can tell you it provides plenty of room for better exhaust risers.
    +1 on anyone using it.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

I like yellow but not all yellow. Maybe the hatch is needed to clear the catalytic converters. It is nice to see a boat being built!
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

new decal and I never noticed they only have two clamshells on the back did they do that on the shelby's too with the vented hatch? the yellow looks darker more gold than your Carl could be just the lighting on the pics

but this is from a guy who's mustard is even brown
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

new decal and I never noticed they only have two clamshells on the back did they do that on the shelby's too with the vented hatch? the yellow looks darker more gold than your Carl could be just the lighting on the pics

I think so and I question if any air actually is forced into that scoop. There is a reason that drag cars use a raised scoop and the Donzi one is not only level but there is a lip right in front of it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is actually negative pressure at the scoop opening. The yellow looks close to mine but there is more of it!

new donzi.jpg

Nice to see that at least one anniversary boat is being made.
    Yellow looks to be the same color as my 04. I like the all yellow.....of course. I don't care for the new logo, though. Too busy for me. And the white stripe needs some pinstriping on the sides to set it off. The 04's had a metallic silver pinstripe which makes all the difference, but a black pinstripe on that boat would look good.
    With the use of that hatch, the rear clamshells just don't look right.
    Shelby's didn't use the clamshells.

Shelby.jpg
    Why is faster never fast enough.

I like the plain stripe. Keeps it simple. It is a reverse color scheme than mine. And this is the scoop it needs if you really want to increase airflow. Yeller, I agree about the logo. I think it would look better without the "Donzi Marine" logo and the lion/dolphin logo squeezed in there. The Shelby hatches never seem to fit right either. Look at the corners. Nitpicking? Not for $100,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    I like the plain stripe. Keeps it simple. It is a reverse color scheme than mine. And this is the scoop it needs if you really want to increase airflow. Yeller, I agree about the logo. I think it would look better without the "Donzi Marine" logo and the lion/dolphin logo squeezed in there. The Shelby hatches never seem to fit right either. Look at the corners. Nitpicking? Not for $100,000.
    I think the raised hatch is for clearance not induction .
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Quote Originally Posted by joseph m. hahnl View Post
    I think the raised hatch is for clearance not induction .
    On this model you're probably right. On other models it was cosmetic.

I guess it's what you get use to Carl. I have pinstripes on mine and like it, but I'm willing to bet if mine never came with them, then that's what I would prefer. I agree with you on the hatch corners....but that's not exclusive to the shelby hatches. I've seen it on some other boats too. It's like they have two molds, but one is better than the other. When I got my boat, the hatch fit perfectly, but when I got a new deck and hatch, the new hatch sticks up in the one corner. Absolutely drives me nuts every time I look at it.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

I Contacted DONZI About 50th Anniversary Classics

I got this response this morning from DONZI Manufacturing (7:07am EST)

Donald,

We took the order forms off the website while we work to put together
    special 50th Anniversary pricing. And the good news is, we have it almost
    finalized. The order forms should be back later today.

Thank you for your interest in our Donzi Classic series.

1994 SWEET 16 (SOLD)
    4.3LX 262 C.I.
    HARDIN Thru Hull Exhaust Tips
    MIRAGE PLUS 25 Pitch Prop
    Top Speed 61MPH/GPS - 4800RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0j73l5s2U

1995 Classic 18
    357 MAG Alpha 4V 275HP
    Thru Hull Exhaust
    MERCURY VENGEANCE 48-16320A46 13 1/2 INCH X 23 PITCH PROP
    Top Speed 64MPH/GPS - 4300RPM

I think people have been used to seeing the pin stripes which were needed to hide the gel bleed on the border of the deck and stripe color with the new painted boats they can get a crisp line

must be the lighting Carl's yellow looks more canary yellow and the 50th looks more federal highway yellow

so if they got 80 out of a raised x on the 009 with 425 this boat should run around the same?
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

I think that 80 had to be in perfect conditions and in salt water. If it has a raised X I would expect real world 75. So how much more will these anniversary editions cost just because they have a special decal?

I'm generally a fan of special editions but could they have been less inventive on this one? It's a cheaper version of the 40th. No special gauges. No special interior. Shelby hatch is nice but having just the rear vents looks strange. It either needs all 4 classic vents or none like the shelby.

Kind of sad because the last couple of classics to leave the factory were pretty cool. The black one with silver interior and red trim was hot. The blue/white one was also sweet.

I'm happy to see them in production but hope at the end of the day it isn't a Donzi built by Baja.

I think that 80 had to be in perfect conditions and in salt water. If it has a raised X I would expect real world 75. So how much more will these anniversary editions cost just because they have a special decal?
    My personal best in the 009 when it had the 496HO was 78mph, in freshwater. And that was with a labbed 26p Bravo 4 blade.
    Donzi 22' Classic

Thread Information