Hi Gents,

I am in the market for a sweet 16, have always loved the style and look, but I am hesitant to make a purchase without knowing everything there is to know. I am currently looking at a 77-78 16. Motor was replaced after the last owner didn't winterize the boat properly and cracked the block. New 350 was installed with the original drive I am unsure what it is. The interior looks fantastic. The paint doesn't look bad, but you can tell that it was a spray over and I can almost guarantee its clear coated no gel. Minor chips in the fiber glass, but other than that doesn't look bad.
I am going today to look at the boat again, hear it run and make my decision. If anyone out there can tell me what I should be looking at to determine if the boat is worth it, anything will help thank you.
Oh before I forget owner wants $8,700

Thank you

Alex

thanks for the quick response I posted the link so you can see.
the boat was salt water used, the owner has a mechanics shop so that's who has been performing all the work on it. I am sure the gas tank is original but that question will be brought up when I see it later.
the interior looks great seats replaced a year ago. original patina on the gauges, shifter, wheel.
The trailer is in good condition, but If I do buy the boat I have the privilege of living on the water so the boat will be dry docked behind the house.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/boa/4435598646.html