Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Thinking about buying a sweet 16 need help

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    No, I passed by LGA very early and do that often.

Went down the East River, out the Harbor hugging the leeward side and then, when I should have turned around .... took a left and explored some more. Some guy told me I was in Howard Beach when I was trying to find the spot where I bought my first 16 in Sheepshead Bay a loooooong time ago so I pressed on and followed the planes. The run back was a back breaker but I'm always amazed at what a 16 can do in big water if you respect it and the conditions. Enjoy your new Donzi and welcome.

Take it to the Statue on a calm 'morn.
    wow you got a pair to travel down the Hudson and then the Atlantic.... well if your ever in the neighborhood again would love to meet up will even pick up the tab, but you need to travel a little bit longer. I have family on the north shore Bayville to be exact and have been thinking of trialling over there, just aLittle unsure about the north shore, Would love to set up a club down here if anyone is interested? if your ever over here let me know.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan's Cloud View Post
    Great looking little boat .About as classic looking as an 18 can come .
    thank you so much, it has been so enjoyable so far with all the ups and downs. every once in a while i wonder what i did but then i look out the window run down to the boat start the engine and all the worries go away, as long as it starts ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by aseredin87 View Post
    wow you got a pair to travel down the Hudson and then the Atlantic.... well if your ever in the neighborhood again would love to meet up will even pick up the tab, but you need to travel a little bit longer. I have family on the north shore Bayville to be exact and have been thinking of trialling over there, just aLittle unsure about the north shore, Would love to set up a club down here if anyone is interested? if your ever over here let me know.
    Alex
    Alex, Bayville on the North Shore of Long Island would be pretty easy. You could dunk your new Donzi in Bayville and run across the lower Sound to City Island. You can get gas and a bite to eat there and right outside that inlet is a lot of open water under the Throgs Neck Bridge for testing. It is also very cool to see the planes land at LGA as they are pretty close overhead on descent. Let me know if you ever head over to Bayville, I could meet you under the Throgs Neck Bridge which is hard to miss lol.

As far as going further than JFK on the South Shore in open water, I'm not familiar with those areas really. How much further out and what town? Probably not in the cards but I have been known to go walkabout with the little 16 for a couple of hundred miles round trip if the ocean is cooperating and the 12 hour forecast looks good. I wear two vests for those runs and will only go alone. WTF ....... YOLO
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by aseredin87 View Post
    thank you so much, it has been so enjoyable so far with all the ups and downs. every once in a while i wonder what i did but then i look out the window run down to the boat start the engine and all the worries go away, as long as it starts ... lol
    Just curious, are you still just as happy with this boat as you were back when you bought it?

I spent my first summer with my 16 and am looking forward to the first warm day that I get to bring it out of storage again.

Thread Information