Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How hard and how much would this cost.....

"BTW, what is wrong with teal?"

Nothing at all. We have a very nice teal 22 on Lake Oakland here by my home. It's been here many years and is just very slightly faster than mine in a 2 mile race. I'm talking by a nose! It does not have a windshield and I've always admired it even before I bought mine in '05. Dam, my boat is nine years old already!
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Nothing at all. We have a very nice teal 22 on Lake Oakland here by my home. It's been here many years and is just very slightly faster than mine in a 2 mile race. I'm talking by a nose! It does not have a windshield
    i'm a thinkin' we need to see pic's of another no windscreen 22
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    i'm a thinkin' we need to see pic's of another no windscreen 22
    It has an odd shaped dash/liner too. I'll get pics when I see it in the water.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

JP forgot the one I suggested when I saw the boat a month or so back, too. Sell the current interior to defer the cost of a new one, with the right striping. I'm kind of partial to teal, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Donziweasel View Post
    I do remember this one. Boo Boo wants teal. BTW, what is wrong with teal?
    John, Stan's boat was teal and look what happened to him... we are just looking out for your well-being. We dont need to lose anyone else to that disease...

Thinking I might sell my interior. Does an 18 interior fit in a 16? Anyone know anyone looking for a nice white interior with blue pipiing? She is staying teal.
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Sorry, just saw this. To answer a couple questions:

Carpet: Unfortunately, mills no longer produce premium marine-grade carpet in teal. The only teal carpet we've found is a really flimsy glue-in carpet that we would never offer for snap-in use. By the late 1990s, Donzi was installing a medium gray carpet in the occasional Classic that received teal gelcoat. Typically, our teal customers order the gray carpet. We recently acquired a warehouse full of Baja inventory from a former dealer, including some really pretty aqua Baja carpets. We contacted their carpet supplier and they no longer carry that color either.

Upholstery: The dimensions for the aft seating varies between the 16 2+2, 18, and 22 Classics.

If your upholstery foam is fine, we can make skins for you in white and teal and save you some money.

Call us at 888.441.1614 or email info@donzidirect.com. I'm no longer involved in the day to day operations of the business, so Sunny will be taking care of you.

Josh
    Josh Stickles
    www.DonziDirect.Com
    Donzi.Net Site Sponsor

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/donzidirect

Quote Originally Posted by DonziJosh View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. To answer a couple questions:

Carpet: Unfortunately, mills no longer produce premium marine-grade carpet in teal. The only teal carpet we've found is a really flimsy glue-in carpet that we would never offer for snap-in use. By the late 1990s, Donzi was installing a medium gray carpet in the occasional Classic that received teal gelcoat. Typically, our teal customers order the gray carpet. We recently acquired a warehouse full of Baja inventory from a former dealer, including some really pretty aqua Baja carpets. We contacted their carpet supplier and they no longer carry that color either.

Upholstery: The dimensions for the aft seating varies between the 16 2+2, 18, and 22 Classics.

If your upholstery foam is fine, we can make skins for you in white and teal and save you some money.

Call us at 888.441.1614 or email info@donzidirect.com. I'm no longer involved in the day to day operations of the business, so Sunny will be taking care of you.

Josh
    Take your Baja carpet to and upholster and they can cut it up , bind the edges and put the snaps in.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Dimensionally that wouldn't have worked, because of the seat flaps, table base provisions, etc. already sewn into the carpets. We have already sold most of them to Baja customers.
    Josh Stickles
    www.DonziDirect.Com
    Donzi.Net Site Sponsor

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/donzidirect

Josh, thanks for the info. My foam is fine. Just out of curiosity, what would a ballpark figure be for just the skins?
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Donziweasel View Post
    How hard and how much would it cost to change the piping on stock Donzi seats in good condition?

What path did you end up taking?
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Thread Information