Thread: WTB: '22 Classic on the West Coast

WTB: '22 Classic on the West Coast

Hello all, I'm looking to get back in the game and would prefer to not have to bring a boat from the East Coast like I did the last time. Would like it to be as close to original as possible. Preferably a 2003+ but I'll look at anything if it's clean, my main concern is the loan to value ratio as my credit union uses NADA guides for values and they don't seem to be very accurate on their '22 Classics. None of the boats currently offered for sale online out here fit the bill.

Thanks in advance!
    Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Classic View Post
    Hello all, I'm looking to get back in the game and would prefer to not have to bring a boat from the East Coast like I did the last time. Would like it to be as close to original as possible. Preferably a 2003+ but I'll look at anything if it's clean, my main concern is the loan to value ratio as my credit union uses NADA guides for values and they don't seem to be very accurate on their '22 Classics. None of the boats currently offered for sale online out here fit the bill.

Thanks in advance!
    Frankie
    I brokered a few boats in the past, including several Donzis. If your credit union is utilizing NADA book and NADA book only to value boats, then I would look somewhere else for the loan. Knowledgable lending institutions will use several value guides that are more specialized to the boating business to make the call. If you are passing up a nice boat for this reason, or a lot of nice boats from what it looks like, then I suggest you come up with the cash to make up the difference or shop the loan. Or you can always hope for a divorce deal or some other desperation situation. Good luck with your search.

1992 Donzi Classic - Stock

Hi there

I'm considering selling mine. Runs great, no issues whatsoever. 454 King COBRA package, clean bill of health by local shop in Orange County, CA

Bimini, cockpit and full covers, two batteries with switch, newer radio with CD / Satellite Radio, seats are in great condition, carpet is still good, but slightly faded, boat is clean and has been very good to me, but considering selling as we do not seem to have time to use it. I have two small kids and work a lot more than I want to.

Let me know if you'd consider an older one like this, if it was in the right condition.

Thanks

It amazes me how few boats are on the West coast. I got my old 18 from New Hampshire and it went back to New York, lol. I paid cash for that one so I had no idea of this debacle, I work at an Audi Dealership and KBB generally appraises used cars too high, the exact opposite of this scenario. I think you're right, either a desperation sale or a bit more savings may be the ticket. I actually found one in Fl that has perked my interest and am waiting for a value from my CU so we'll see what happens.
    Thanks for the offer on 92, little out of my range as far as years go. I suspect you would have an easy time selling it since there are so few.

Thanks for the response guys, I greatly appreciate it.
    Frankie

Looks like my search is over, not a Classic but a '01 22zx, which ultimately better suits our needs. Going down to check it out on Saturday and if it's everything the current owner says it is, I'll be dragging it back to Vegas!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13768078774_493a59ea25_o.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	79289

'22 Classic in Orange County...For Sale?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    Hi there

I'm considering selling mine. Runs great, no issues whatsoever. 454 King COBRA package, clean bill of health by local shop in Orange County, CA

Bimini, cockpit and full covers, two batteries with switch, newer radio with CD / Satellite Radio, seats are in great condition, carpet is still good, but slightly faded, boat is clean and has been very good to me, but considering selling as we do not seem to have time to use it. I have two small kids and work a lot more than I want to.

Let me know if you'd consider an older one like this, if it was in the right condition.

Thanks
    Do you have any pictures of your '22 Classic...what are you asking for it.
    Thank You

Thanks guys, I ended up picking up the 22zx, it's super clean. Maiden voyage is this weekend!

Congratulations!

Post pictures in the WHATEVER YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT section. We love pictures!
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Thumbs up

Congrats!

Seem like a very nice example and a great choice. A lot more practical than the Scarab I posted too.
    LARS THE SWEDE

My Boat

Hi Kangeroo

I was thinking $17500 would be a fair price, for this configuration. It's not the fastest classic on here, but it's clean, cared for, reliable and always a good time.

It's not been used much at all over the last 5 years. Once my first child was born (Aug 09) the boat trips pretty much ended. These photos are about 6 years old. Boat has been stored under cover since then (cockpit cover and full boat cover).

If you have an interest, let me know and I'll pull it out of storage and send some updated pics and video if you'd like me to.

Jeff
    949-289-8711

Name:	1005081655b.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	79386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1005081708a.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	79387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010078.JPG 
Size:	648.0 KB 
ID:	79388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010020.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	543.5 KB 
ID:	79389

Donzi Classic 22

Hey Jeff, is your Donzi Classic still available?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    Hi Kangeroo

I was thinking $17500 would be a fair price, for this configuration. It's not the fastest classic on here, but it's clean, cared for, reliable and always a good time.

It's not been used much at all over the last 5 years. Once my first child was born (Aug 09) the boat trips pretty much ended. These photos are about 6 years old. Boat has been stored under cover since then (cockpit cover and full boat cover).

If you have an interest, let me know and I'll pull it out of storage and send some updated pics and video if you'd like me to.

Jeff
    949-289-8711

Name:	1005081655b.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	79386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1005081708a.jpg 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	79387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010078.JPG 
Size:	648.0 KB 
ID:	79388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010020.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	543.5 KB 
ID:	79389

Thread Information