Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 172

Thread: 1990 Team Warlock 23 Offshore - The Survivor

  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Were you able to get the modified OMC Raker 3 blade out for a try yet?
    Almost took it out this afternoon, but we took the Donzi instead. I keep wanting to try that prop, and I will -

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Were you able to get the modified OMC Raker 3 blade out for a try yet?
    We took out the Warlock this afternoon with the OMC Raker 24. It didn't run any faster than the Mirage 25, and I didn't like the handling characteristics as well - kind of squirrely at speed. I'll be going back to the Mirage or trying the Rev 4 next time out. Just wanted to give a quick report. It was too windy to fly the drone and take overhead pictures and video so it will be a while before I get those shots - we don't go out on the 4th with the excess traffic.

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,511
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    We took out the Warlock this afternoon with the OMC Raker 24. It didn't run any faster than the Mirage 25, and I didn't like the handling characteristics as well - kind of squirrely at speed. I'll be going back to the Mirage or trying the Rev 4 next time out. Just wanted to give a quick report.
    Interesting feedback Bill. Not sure what your intentions are for that Raker but depending on how it is hubbed I might be interested in buying it from you. I have heard that my 16 might like a Raker. I think you should go with the Rev4 test next. I ran one on my Team Warlock 23 three weeks back and did 69-70mph gps at 5900 rpm as a reference point.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Interesting feedback Bill. Not sure what your intentions are for that Raker but depending on how it is hubbed I might be interested in buying it from you. I have heard that my 16 might like a Raker. I think you should go with the Rev4 test next. I ran one on my Team Warlock 23 three weeks back and did 69-70mph gps at 5900 rpm as a reference point.
    Greg, the Raker is hubbed for conventional Mercruiser 1" shaft using the exact same hardware as any other Merc prop. If you want the Raker, just send me your address again via email and I'll send it to you as a small present dgill25960@aol.com

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,511
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks Bill but unfortunately I would need it to have the Flo-Torq removable hub kit so I could interchange the prop between my Ultra 23XS and my Donzi 16 OB. My 16 runs Merc power and my Ultra an Evinrude 250.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Okay Greg. I will add that the Raker acts like a larger pitch than it is sized at.

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,511
    Rep Power
    0
    The Merc Revolution 4 prop I've used is a 23" with the stock 4 vent holes. Pulls right up onto plane with zero issues and will hold plane easily at 30-35mph. I ran it again this evening and it ran 69mph at 5900rpm but it's too loose up top as it likes a lot of trim to run fast on the Team Warlock hull. Not a perfect fit for me given how high my prop shaft is but fast at 69-70 with an old fishin motor. I suspect it will be a much nicer fit for your hull Bill as your prop shaft is deeper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    The Merc Revolution 4 prop I've used is a 23" with the stock 4 vent holes. Pulls right up onto plane with zero issues and will hold plane easily at 30-35mph. I ran it again this evening and it ran 69mph at 5900rpm but it's too loose up top as it likes a lot of trim to run fast on the Team Warlock hull. Not a perfect fit for me given how high my prop shaft is but fast at 69-70 with an old fishin motor. I suspect it will be a much nicer fit for your hull Bill as your prop shaft is deeper.
    So you tried one Greg? Cool!! You are probably right about it being better on a boat with a lower shaft. So you can run your motor at 5900RPM? Was the top end speed good compared to other props you have used? I will be trying a Rev 4 25P on the 23' Warlock next time out - the same prop on the 28' Warlock is perfect! After running the numbers, the 28' Warlock had about 11% slip which is fairly good in my book.

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,511
    Rep Power
    0
    11% slip is impressive on an old school 28' deep V. For me, the Rev4 was easily 5-6mph faster with my 1.75 gears than other props that I have tried including the Mirage Bill even with my floppy transom which I have yet to deal with. That said, I run in very rough water almost always so with that boat my needs are traction and handling first. I have found that Powertech's "OFX4" thru hub 4 blade is amazing in that regard. It has a very different blade design and more cup that the Rev4 so even with my extremely high drive it lifts the entire hull.


    My gearcase is 1/4" below the keel. I'd be interested in knowing what yours is? I think the Rev4 will be very good for you, should give you 75mph GPS on demand
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    11% slip is impressive on an old school 28' deep V. For me, the Rev4 was easily 5-6mph faster with my 1.75 gears than other props that I have tried including the Mirage Bill even with my floppy transom which I have yet to deal with. That said, I run in very rough water almost always so with that boat my needs are traction and handling first. I have found that Powertech's "OFX4" thru hub 4 blade is amazing in that regard. It has a very different blade design and more cup that the Rev4 so even with my extremely high drive it lifts the entire hull.


    My gearcase is 1/4" below the keel. I'd be interested in knowing what yours is? I think the Rev4 will be very good for you, should give you 75mph GPS on demand
    Greg, I came up with a 6% slip for you with the Rev 4 - correct? Your drive is so much farther back than conventional outdrive boats that you can get away with having the shaft so high. Was the Rev 4 making the boat do anything radical at higher speeds? It is a rock solid ride at every speed using it on the 28' Warlock and my old 25' Martini.

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,511
    Rep Power
    0
    No nothing that radical for a surfacing set up which is what I have when you really trim the Rev4 out. The only thing was that it runs loose at top speed so you have to have your chit wired tight. If I am at 1/4" below the keel with my prop shaft centerline, I bet your 23 is 4 1/4" below. That extra 4" of depth should be a great fit for the Rev4's geometry and get you to 75mph on GPS coming and going.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,511
    Rep Power
    0
    While I was out testing the Rev4 one of our boys got a couple of good pics before the storms came in and the harbor beast got hungry!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    No nothing that radical for a surfacing set up which is what I have when you really trim the Rev4 out. The only thing was that it runs loose at top speed so you have to have your chit wired tight. If I am at 1/4" below the keel with my prop shaft centerline, I bet your 23 is 4 1/4" below. That extra 4" of depth should be a great fit for the Rev4's geometry and get you to 75mph on GPS coming and going.
    Since it sounds like the Rev 4 added a few MPH, but at the cost of top end handling; do you think dropping your outboard an inch or two might make everything right? This is predicated on your having an adjustable transom bracket. You might be able to get better top end speed and better handling than any other prop you have tried? Might be worth a try - just a thought.

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,511
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    Since it sounds like the Rev 4 added a few MPH, but at the cost of top end handling; do you think dropping your outboard an inch or two might make everything right? This is predicated on your having an adjustable transom bracket. You might be able to get better top end speed and better handling than any other prop you have tried? Might be worth a try - just a thought.
    I keep meaning to get around to putting a 3" hydraulic jack plate on that particular boat, but never seem to get around to it. I'll wait to see what your results are on your Team Warlock 23 with the deep drive and Rev4 handling wise to get a framework. That may give me a kick in the butt ...............
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    I keep meaning to get around to putting a 3" hydraulic jack plate on that particular boat, but never seem to get around to it. I'll wait to see what your results are on your Team Warlock 23 with the deep drive and Rev4 handling wise to get a framework. That may give me a kick in the butt ...............
    Yes, I will let you know the results. By the way, did you take out the Rev 4 vent plugs or leave them in? Also, did you know they make various vent plugs with different sized holes? In my applications, I have been leaving the solid vent plugs installed as they come new from the factory. I ask because it is possible that they are adding air when you run it so near the surface if you left them out, thus creating a loose feel - just a thought.

    1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •