Thread: Good mechanic around Sarasota?

Good mechanic around Sarasota?

Hello folks. Have had the boat parked for awhile due to personal issues.Anyhow, I've finally decided to start messing with her again and I'm looking for a good mechanic around the Sarasota area. I have a 2001 22zx with the 350 mpi mag. The first order is an alpha to bravo conversion. Yes I am aware of SEI and while I must say they have an impeccable warranty,and they do stand behind their product (think i grenaded 4) my warranty is up and I'm tired of breaking down. If anybody could point me in the direction of a good mechanic in the area I would be much obliged.

Hi James.
    If you are swapping out to a Bravo drive, the engine needs to come out AND a new Bravo transom assy needs to be installed to accommodate the Bravo drive. Also A few things need to be added to the engine, as the Bravo drive does not have a self contained water pump. NOT an easy or small job.
    U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Hi James.
    If you are swapping out to a Bravo drive, the engine needs to come out AND a new Bravo transom assy needs to be installed to accommodate the Bravo drive. Also A few things need to be added to the engine, as the Bravo drive does not have a self contained water pump. NOT an easy or small job.
    Thats why i am looking for a good mechanic. I've pulled the motor and put it back by myself once,and it was a pain in the ass. My old mechanic in SC (where i currently lived) told me it would take him around 9-10 hours to do.And he guesstimated it around $900.To me that was a hell of a deal, cause I would charge wayyyy more to do it. But I'm not in SC any more.I already have the drive and the transom assembly. Just need someone to do the dirty work

Thread Information