Thread: insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

insurance

I know we had a great talk on the last insurance question but need to ask who is using who in Ontario.I have a 18 with a whippled 500hp what am I looking at for insurance cost.my boat is a 1984 classic all reworked I will be getting it apraiced in the spring thanks craig

Hey Craig,

I have all of our property and vehicle insurance(except my street rod) with Co-operators. I approached them about coverage on my 22C(454-385 HP) but they weren't interested. My Co-operators agent then set me up with Lloyds of London. I think the premium is about $600-$700/ year for standard coverage. The company that covers my street rod wanted approx. $1000.

Hagarty had a booth at the Antique Boat Show in Gravenhurst last year but they won't underwrite a Donzi.

Good Luck

Dave

My mahogany 1972 Greavette is insured through Robertson & Robertson Yacht Insurance brokers out of Markham. The actual insurance is with CG&B (Northbridge General) Insurance Co. I met Andrew Robertson ( 905 752-8735) several years ago at the ACBS Gravenhurst boat show.

We have an agreed value of 50K, and I pay about $ 360.00 yr. When I upgraded my engine last year I showed them the costs and we adjusted the value accordingly and without fuss.

I have also spoken to Carla at Haggerty about my '72 Greavette and my '65 Donzi... She said they would be happy to quote on my classic boats. I'm not due till August.
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Carla at Haggerty was happy to insure my '67 Ski Sporter and gave me a great price.

My sense is they would quote a newer, faster boat but the quote would reflect the performance.

I'll give her first shot on my '04 18 in a few weeks and will report back .

The Lake George Donzi Classic Club has been working with Carla and Haggerty to offer insurance to the Donzi Classic owners . We are tweaking the offerings to meet most classics. We have gotten some feedback and Haggerty is willing to work with us, If anyone contacts them make sure to tell them you're a LGDCC for the best possible pricing.

to get a quote use the URL on our website www.lgdonziclassic.com

it is down towards the bottom of our main page a red 22 with the Haggerty logo
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

How are they reacting to boats that can do 70 and above and state such?
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by woobs View Post
    My mahogany 1972 Greavette is insured through Robertson & Robertson Yacht Insurance brokers out of Markham. The actual insurance is with CG&B (Northbridge General) Insurance Co. I met Andrew Robertson ( 905 752-8735) several years ago at the ACBS Gravenhurst boat show.

We have an agreed value of 50K, and I pay about $ 360.00 yr. When I upgraded my engine last year I showed them the costs and we adjusted the value accordingly and without fuss.

I have also spoken to Carla at Haggerty about my '72 Greavette and my '65 Donzi... She said they would be happy to quote on my classic boats. I'm not due till August.
    It's interesting that I contacted CG&B for a quote on my 75 Ski Sporter. The quote they sent was about 200 higher than through Hagerty and they said that due to the age of the boat, they could not insure for an agreed value but only a depreciating value. Also, they were off loading the insurance to AVIVA, the same company Hagerty uses for AGREED VALUE insurance. No wonder most people consider Insurance Companies Thieves.

Trevor

Thread Information