Thread: 16 Battery

16 Battery

Not fun getting my old battery out - darn near herniated a fifth disc - had to tilt it on it's side to get out of engine compartment, and even then only had 1/16" clearance to do so - SO, now what do I replace it with? This was the factory installed Interstate 24M-XHD, 1000 cranking amps, which lasted me 64 months. Want something I can get local and fast. Thanks!
    2009 Classic 16
    NW Tampa Bay

The opening for battery access in my '92 Sweet 16 allows me to pull mine straight up (after it clears the box) but with no clearance. I would go with a Walmart Marine battery. There are only a coupla battery manufacturers left in the US so there aren't a whole lot of differences, at least in lead-acid battery's. Besides, if the battery fails prematurely there are Walmarts just about everywhere for warranty replacement.

Perhaps someone else has infor on AGM and the other high buck batteries.

John C
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford
    Windshields are for Sissies!!!

Thanks! - That's exactly what I'll do - get a like battery, since the last one lasted so long (in Florida), and after reading that gel batteries don't like to be charged over 14 volts, which my alternator routinely does. Can't afford anything higher end right now. Just not looking forward to pushing a new one back in the dinky compartment!
    2009 Classic 16
    NW Tampa Bay

Interesting my battery is located in a compartment under the bench seat on the back.. 1994 sweet 16 . nice well for two batteries if needed.

Get a DieHard, cheap, easy to get. I have never gotten less than 10 seasons out of several that I have owned (but I live up north and cold preserves them) My 2004 Grp 29 is in my 22 now..
    Cheers,
    Pismo
    1996 22 Classic
    Red with Stainless Windshield
    Stock Gen VI 502 Magnum MPI-415hp
    Stock Bravo I
    25" Mirage Plus
    74.5mph best @ 5050rpm GPS (Speedo said 80)
    27" Labbed Mirage Plus
    75.5mph best @ 4800rpm GPS (Speedo said 82)

Have had bad luck with Die Hard in my trucks - ended up going with the same battery I had in the boat, this one from Advance Auto Parts. Is working fine, my only problem was with an idiot jet skier today on the water who thought it would be funny to rooster tail me...I HATE Jet Skiers...
    2009 Classic 16
    NW Tampa Bay

Like cgentile, my battery is also under the rear seat, would that have not been there from new ? 1999 sweet 16.

Battery location was one of the items that may have moved with ownership changes a 94 and 99 are AMH era boats different from John's 92 which was an OMC era boat
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Thread Information