Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OWW to Fort Myers Beach, May 2-4th, 2014

My boat is running. I'm headed to Leesburg Bikefest the weekend before. I would really like to finally attend this year. Is there still rooms available? Where will everybody be dumping in at and when?
    1999 16 Classic Black on White

Quote Originally Posted by hdsadey View Post
    My boat is running. I'm headed to Leesburg Bikefest the weekend before. I would really like to finally attend this year. Is there still rooms available? Where will everybody be dumping in at and when?

You would need to call the Shipwreck Motel at (239) 463-4691. I am sure there are rooms available. Tell them you want to be on the end toward the beach.

Preliminary plan is to launch sometime on Friday, May 2nd, from WP Franklin Lock on the Caloosahatchee River, east of Fort Myers in Olga. Exact time will need to be hammered out later.

Hope you can make it this time.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

I will be there you douchemuffins Last year was great. Bringing my 13' Whaler so I am not obligated to do the Cabbage Key 5' small craft warningl run for a burger...see you at the hotel or beach! Can't wait, see you Saturday morning or late Friday night.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Like I said I am in but not bringing my Donzi as last year was a disaster for it. Kidding...had nothing to do with an old battery and vapor lock as we had an awesome time with awesome people. I sold my Ram so I have a Wrangler that I am not quite sure I want to tow that far with it. Will bring my Boston Whaler and stay at the shipwreck. I am NOT going for another 25mph gail warning run this year but if weather permits, I know Bob will have room for Laurie & I or we will just island hop until you return. 22 is fine but situation is not ideal to bring and we want to cruise intercoastal instead of 3+ waves If I don't see any info about shipwreck...call me with it Bob as I know we have a code or something. Are we staying next to the pool again or??? I can be there by 9 Friday or early sat. morn. Let me know if we are going to PARTY Friday or just get there at say 8-9am.
    Nick

Nick,

Post #19 has the number for the Shipwreck. Just call give them the dates and tell you are with the Donzi group. No special code needed. Rate is what, $89?

I, and others will be there Friday. Not sure what time, I will get there yet. Depends on wife's work and daughter's school schedule. I will figure it out later.

So, whenever you want to come down.......

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

I'll call yu Bob but we are in no doubt
    Nick

Booked for Friday & Saturday. Gonna see if we can take off and get there like noon Friday. See ya'll there by 9pm if not. Bob call me if anything important comes up as I may not frequent here with new JOB...oh I hate that word. JIM....don't be a wuss. That eco-tech can make it

PS...$10 extra for car/truck if you have a boat at dock. $10 extra for trailer. Girl was new so if anyone can confirm that would be great. If anyone knows of a place to stash tiny trailer please advise as well.
    Nick

Nick, that sounds about right on the parking. You either get one free boat or one free car included with the room. More is extra.
    Ob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

No problem...just wanted to double check as the receptionist was a rookie. I will either pay to play or possibly find a spot to park. See you Friday. and Bob keep me in touch as usual.
    Nick

Better get some better interest & participation or I am cancelling. Only 2+ weeks away kids.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by biggiefl View Post
    Better get some better interest & participation or I am cancelling. Only 2+ weeks away kids.

Whoa big fella. I admit there hasn't been a ton of posts by people, but that doesn't mean nobody is attending. The list on post 15 still stands as far as I know. Most, if not all have their rooms booked and are just waiting for trip to happen.

The way things are looking for me is this.... I plan on parking at WP Franklin Lock on Friday. I, most likely will not be able to get there prior to about 3 pm. Then launch and leave for the FMB by about 4. Then head down river to motel. Then return on Sunday.

Hopefully someone will be able to join me on the Friday run.

I will update with some itinerary ideas as I get them. I have been particularly busy lately, just got back from Chicago, and have a friend coming from out of town this week.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

we have other family plans this weekend so we won't able to attend

still a great area to boat, we really like it around there
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

?????? But, I thought we were your family? ….oh well, I understand all to well about family stuff and missing out on other obligations. We will miss you.

3PM on Friday? I really liked meeting at noon last year, liked the leisure cruise down to Ft. Myers, Friday weather was the best of the whole weekend.

Just raising some interest. See you Friday. Not sure where.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by fegettes View Post
    3PM on Friday? I really liked meeting at noon last year, liked the leisure cruise down to Ft. Myers, Friday weather was the best of the whole weekend.

Steve,
    I am trying to get there earlier. Right now, my wife can't get off work til about noonish. So, I am at the mercy of her employer. This is no way means anyone has to wait for me.

As things get closer, I will update.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thread Information