Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lake Dora at Tavares is approching again. 2014

Lake Dora at Tavares is approching again. 2014

Please join us for the 27th Annual Sunnyland Boat Festival on Lake Dora in Tavares, Florida. The Show is from March 28-30th at Wooten Park in Tavares, Florida. Please see the Sunnyland Website at www.acbs-sunnyland.org for registration and more information. Click on the Boat Festival Page. This year we are featuring Correct Craft Boats!

If your interested in showing off your classic 14, 16, 18, or 19 (Classic style) Donzi please post here and 2 weeks before the event I will try to line up a row of slips so we can all be together. I tried to organize this last year and a total of three of us showed up with boats. Buzilla, Royce and myself and. This year the featured boat is Correct Craft. If we show some interest maybe some day the featured boat might be Donzi.
    My email is bertsboat@mindspring.com You will have to join the ACBS Sunnyland chapter to enter the show. Not expensive and there are some benefits, like discounts on rooms and insurance etc.
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

Is there space somewhere for newer boats? I'd like to go but don't have a classic. The zxo could be a fun bus for many of us though

Tavares show March 28-30 2014

March 28-30 2014
    Have a 16" 1976 Sweet 16 so far
    My 14' Baby too.
    Visit www.acbs-sunnyland.org click on "boat festival" at top and register. If your a member it's $40.00 to enter. If not you will have to join the ACBS and the Sunniland chapter and thats an extra $70.00.
    If not just drive up and join us for the event.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.

i'll do my best to be there, and bring the 16ob again
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Well, I'll be there...Duh! Unless I'm in the hospital or out of town. I'm not planning on either of those.
    The question is will the TR be ready. It should. I've just been short of a lot of working time lately.

Some guys from the Mid-West contacted me and are coming.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thanks Carl

Thanks Carl, I know if anyone from this site will be there I know you will be there. And I look forward to the show that you will be answering all the questions about your build. The dock will be crowded and I hope I am near you to catch all the overflow.
    see you there and lots more fellow Donzi lovers too.

lets go for a ride this time.

Tavares is around the corner!

There is always a few donzi's at this event. Who is planing to come for the week end? The Tavares show is the weekend after this.
    redalert AKA Bill will be there with his little F14 and a few surprise guests Along side the 14 Baby and another friend is bringing his sweet 16. fino will be there giving rides all week end and competing with the Riva's.
    Can't wait. Going to be a blast. Come on fellows. Let's turn this show into a Donzi show! At least plan to drive up. Hopefully the weather will be good. Pray for no wind or rain!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will be visiting for sure...Ed

I should be there. Not sure if I will be bringing the ride or not, but we will see.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

i'll be there with my 16 OB

how's the canal level GC?
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    i'll be there with my 16 OB

how's the canal level GC?
    We've been getting quite a bit of rain, particularly for this time of year.
    I'd assume it's adequate.

My Canuck friend, Mr Donnelly, will be staying at Casa Carter in beautiful downtown Lady Lake.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Wow that 14 footer is such a cool looking boat is there any more pics , side view's , motor , ( power ) etc .

Quote Originally Posted by bertsboat View Post
    There is always a few donzi's at this event. Who is planing to come for the week end? The Tavares show is the weekend after this.
    redalert AKA Bill will be there with his little F14 and a few surprise guests Along side the 14 Baby and another friend is bringing his sweet 16. fino will be there giving rides all week end and competing with the Riva's.
    Can't wait. Going to be a blast. Come on fellows. Let's turn this show into a Donzi show! At least plan to drive up. Hopefully the weather will be good. Pray for no wind or rain!
    Bills wagon is all set to pick up his latest addition to his Donzi collection, we finished up the trailer hitch & wiring yesterday.
    Burt,, Bill, Jeff Hall [the ice man from Minnesota] & I are ready for the ultimate road trip to Lake Dora & south Florida with many stops along the way..

----Cant wait to hit the road!!! Bert, The props are already packed.......Bill S

I have been dying to get to this show for some time... albeit with my "woodyboat".
    It is definitely on the bucket list but, sadly it's not on this years list.

Who knows, it possible the Ski Sporter may be ready before I am... and it may be that boat that breaks my maiden at lake Dora???
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Thread Information