Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 40th Anniversary Editions - How many/Who's got em?

This is a trip down memory lane! The old Donzi years were good years for Nelems Marine. We never made any money on Donzis but they sure were fun years ,a company ownership roller coaster ,but we had fun from the first time Mike Collins called me in 1985 to tell me Dick Genth had just bought Donzi, up thru the 2004 model year 40th Anniversary boats, with a lot of stories along the way.I think on the 40th boats we did 2 orange 16's,a powder blue 18(Jay's) a blue/Honey( the old honey,not beige)18 a Black/Honey 22 and a solid yellow 22. But my memory is not always perfect,may have missed a few.The Donzi years remind me that it is not always about the money,it is about the passion of boats that I like!If Mike Collins called me today and told me he was with Donzi again I would order a few,for sure a red/white 18,no windshield,solid red interior,the boat that my wife and i enjoyed more than any one boat I've ever owned.Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine

Quote Originally Posted by RNELEMS View Post
    This is a trip down memory lane! The old Donzi years were good years for Nelems Marine. We never made any money on Donzis but they sure were fun years ,a company ownership roller coaster ,but we had fun from the first time Mike Collins called me in 1985 to tell me Dick Genth had just bought Donzi, up thru the 2004 model year 40th Anniversary boats, with a lot of stories along the way.I think on the 40th boats we did 2 orange 16's,a powder blue 18(Jay's) a blue/Honey( the old honey,not beige)18 a Black/Honey 22 and a solid yellow 22. But my memory is not always perfect,may have missed a few.The Donzi years remind me that it is not always about the money,it is about the passion of boats that I like!If Mike Collins called me today and told me he was with Donzi again I would order a few,for sure a red/white 18,no windshield,solid red interior,the boat that my wife and i enjoyed more than any one boat I've ever owned.Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine
    Robert,

I hope you are doing well? Yes I definitely remember the 40th anniversary editions you had! In fact I have pictures of the yellow 22 you had the year we had a family trip to Smith Lake! We talk about it frequently!

Thanks again!

Byron
    www.mwdonziclub.com

Before

IMG_2138.JPG

After

IMG_2141.JPG

I though the boat needed a little more Pzazz.......

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jl1962 View Post
    Before

IMG_2138.JPG

After

IMG_2141.JPG

I though the boat needed a little more Pzazz.......
    Thats a Jethro Tull " Living in the Past " thing right there Just bring that thing to Maine and drag Kirby with you, already And that Kid from BL with the 009

Hah!
    "Living in the Past"?
    More like the Beatles "Revolution #9"!

Actually we will be RIGHT THERE - but two weeks too soon. Gotta pick up my daughter at camp on 7/19-20. Truly one of our favorite weekends.

Will try to give Richard a call. And will try not to eat all the lobster rolls at the Galley in Naples!
    http://www.thegalleyseafoodpub.com/Home.aspx

Here's hull #3 (of 11) 40th Anniversary 18s.

5.0 Merc/windshield

http://www.antiqueboatsales.com/UsedBoats.html

This is the second 5.0 yellow Anniversary 18 Katz has had. The one from last year didn't have a windshield.
    1967 Ski Sporter (sold)
    2004 40th Anniversary Edition 18

Thread Information