Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 40th Anniversary Editions - How many/Who's got em?

That is a beautiful boat !! I had wondered what had happened to it.
    better to die on your feet, than live on your knees

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Maybe this ends up a horse with no name.
    Ha- Good one!
    And maybe Wa-Lo could be called the Sounds of Silence.
    We should stop this now or this thread will be longer than the Song Thread thread!

Smokediver - the boat has been in hiding!
    If they gave an award for most miles on a trailer/least hours on an engine - it would win hands down.

Jay

i would be interested if you do track down any more 16 or 18 40ths what color they are Yours is the only blue one I have seen yellow was the most popular I have seen a red one too but as far as the 16 and 18 there was the orange 16 and your blue 18. I think there is a yellow 18 in north jersey
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Absolutely. It would be nice to have it all in one place.

I know 350MPI/Alpha/Windshield/Yellow was the most common combination for the 18, but there were a few 305 boats and obviously a few w/ out windshields too. Mine is the only blue one and there was at least one beige 18 that was destroyed by Katrina.

I know of at least one red 22 also.

I guess they let the dealers customize the boat and some went for economy the red 22 I know of was ordered with single ram trim tabs when most had double ram.
    the tan one was a 40th? for some reason I thought it was just one of the Nelems boats. He ordered some nice color schemes and optioned boats
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

there was a tan one down here that got crushed in a hurricane related marina collapse.. if I have my years right..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    there was a tan one down here that got crushed in a hurricane related marina collapse.. if I have my years right..
    That would be correct sir, Hurricane Wilma in 2005. It came up on ebay when I was searching for a "parts boat" for my project and thanks to the good folks on this site I was made aware of it. I used the nearly new engine and not much else. Madpoodle ended up with the carcass. I still have the damaged engine hatch which is available at no cost to anyone willing to come to Hollywood, Fl. to pick it up. PM me if you are interested.

FWIW my boat sold to a fine gentleman in Toronto last Spring so I am Donzi-less for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ouch - that second picture hurts!
    I didn't realize that was your engine donor.....yours was a nice 18, someone got a great boat!

Another snowy day in CT - I'm going to wake up the good folks at Donzi and see if I can get some production info on the 40th Editions.

Will keep y'all posted.

Smile Don't Blame it on Me

Quote Originally Posted by jl1962 View Post
    The right side helm will be OK - at least I don't have to drive on the left side of the road!

And no more center fill........

Trim seams fairly intuitive, but I'm looking forward to some seat time - Mike O has let me drive his boat several times - whatta guy!
    Although I can't complain anymore if I get shoe-horned into the tightest, shallowest slips at the Algonquin after our runs
    Congratulations

Mike -

I was wondering when you would come in off your sled long enough to check in!
    Hope to see you in the spring.

-JL

Cool

You will my friend I see that brand new trailer under that thing NO excuses now
    Winni
    Weaver's
    1000 islands
    CT River in OCT
    Just off the top of my head

The boat is in Shapleigh now - you've come much closer to it than I have!

We'll see - plan is to go fetch it in late April/early May and take it from there.

I saw the orange 16 forsale here in Toronto a few months ago, was posted on Kijji but the guy never responded back.. beautiful looking 16 .

I traded a few emails w/ Donzi/Proja/Blah-line last week and unfortunately, they were less than helpful....

They told me that all the info on the 40th Anniversary boats was "archived" and "inaccessible".
    I tried to counter that it would be great if someone at the company could be responsive to the Donzi enthusiast community, but I don't think they get it. PMs to Josh went unreturned.
    There also wasn't much interest in commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the founding of Donzi Marine.
    I think they almost needed a calculator to be convinced that 2014 was, in fact the 50th!

Oh well, this ties in w/ another thread, but we are pretty much on our own as far as carrying the banner.

On the lighter side, I think I may have settled on a name - "18th Nervous Breakdown"!

Quote Originally Posted by jl1962 View Post
    I traded a few emails w/ Donzi/Proja/Blah-line last week and unfortunately, they were less than helpful....

They told me that all the info on the 40th Anniversary boats was "archived" and "inaccessible".
    I tried to counter that it would be great if someone at the company could be responsive to the Donzi enthusiast community, but I don't think they get it. PMs to Josh went unreturned.
    There also wasn't much interest in commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the founding of Donzi Marine.
    I think they almost needed a calculator to be convinced that 2014 was, in fact the 50th!

Oh well, this ties in w/ another thread, but we are pretty much on our own as far as carrying the banner.

On the lighter side, I think I may have settled on a name - "18th Nervous Breakdown"!
    At least Donzi is not officially done. Maybe someone will buy it. There had been some interest from some former employees but time ran out and they moved on.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Thread Information