Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1994 Aronow 32 Low-Profile.

1994 Aronow 32 Low-Profile.

Here's the first of supposedly 6 David Aronow boats, based on the Midnight Express 32SS(stretched Magnum 27 Sport). Byng Goode let David use the old 32SS mold and David Aronow created a new deck in the tradition of the old Cigarette 28. Supposedly the first two boats were made at TNT and the third was created for Richie Powers by Mark McManus and was a closed deck(see photos). Found a photo of a white one on OSO(below), but don't know which one of the three McManus built, after Richie's boat, that is. Boating legend, late Jay C. Busciglio, (close friend of The Aronow Family), helped market the boats originally.
    This specific boat for sale is at the Puerto Del Rey Marina in Fajardo, Puerto Rico, but is a rare and restored boat so I thought I'd post it.
    Link: http://virgin.craigslist.org/boa/4033852084.html

NO RELATION TO SELLER, who seem to be in Little Rock, AR, (is selling a HD bike on craigslist too).
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    32' Cigarette Custom Built Limited Edition - $69800 (Fajardo)

image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7image 8image 9image 10image 11image 12
    Serious Inquiries only please : 417-593-9743
    ** Priced to SELL
    This vessel was recently brought back to original condition with no expense being spared and surveyed by Florida Marine Survey to "Near Bristol Condition" The Boat performs very similiar to Cigarette's old 35' inboard race hull known as one of the best of all time. This is a 32' hull (or 35' with the B -Bracket and outboards ) wich this original hull was built for. This is not a conversion boat ! It is an extended hybrid of the standard Cigarette28 and Magnum 27. Surveyed at over $90,000 , this is a tremendous buy for someone with or without the outboards. Only 6 of these in the world were built and this was the builders personal boat and prototype for the other 5. Very thick layup, you will not find a softer riding deep v-hull in rough water. Runs 65mph with twin 225 or 80+ with twin 300's. Some extras are included, the boat was set up for day charters. 11 people plus driver fit comfortably with plenty of room left on this boat.

This Boat is laid out for versatility. It has a big aft cockpit with removable bench seat for four people, twin wrap around colapsable bolster race seats at the split helm, an open deck forward with seating on split consoles that run fwd and aft along the sides that can be filled in with the removable seat cushions to create the enourmous sunken sun bed or for a sportier look. Roomy v-berth sleeps 2 to 3 people comfortably. The open space leaves alot of room for fishing or diving and tons of storage compartments on board. Garmin GPS with S.E. Caribean card , Keikefer Racing tabs, dual 110 gal fuel tanks located on the centerline below decks fwd and aft tanks can run simultaneously or idividualy for balast manipulation, Blue Led deck and cabin lighting,, full fitted custom canvas cover with snaps, Marine grade stereo with cd /ipod player and 4- 10'' speakers, swim ladder, 50 gal. fresh water rinse, portable head, extra ground tackle, lines fenders snorkel gear, built in and portable soft ice coolers and many extras inluded as well as a triple axle trailer. This vessel is turnkey you won't have to go shopping for anything. High end racing throttles and steering available.

Serious Inquires only. 417-593-9743
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Posting ID: 4033852084 Posted: 2013-08-29, 3:00PM AST Updated: 2013-08-29, 3:03PM AST
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don Aronow Marine 32 Low-Profile 1 of 6 !Bz8ySqQ!2k~$(KGrHqJ,!hwEw5MiBBT0BMYMzCbrmg~~_3.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	77278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Legend 32 Low-Profile 00o0o_3eeqE5j1dB_600x450.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	77279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Legend 32 Low-Profile  00202_irB1KldHJQz_600x450.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	77280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Legend 32 Low-Profile  00606_iexMR2PCUMG_600x450.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	77281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Legend 32 Low-Profile  00r0r_9qOrjmj2FdX_600x450.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	77282  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Legend 32 Low-Profile  00j0j_ayABsut8EQ4_600x450.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	77283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Marine 32 01717_6Vz54959sxb_600x450.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	77291  
    LARS THE SWEDE

#3 Richie Powers closed deck & white one on OSO.

Couldn't post these photos of the other two Aronow Marine 32 above, so here they are.

Name:	Don Aronow Marine Legend 32 Low-Profile  321539526_1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	77284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Marine 32 122011035629793.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	77285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Legend Low-Profile 122011035897461.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	77286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Legend 32 Low-Profile 122011086921483.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	77287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Marine 32 122011042746508.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	77288  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow 32 122011035883693.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	77289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronow Marine 32 122011086985602.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	77290  
    LARS THE SWEDE

This looks similar to Bill's [olredalert] Gulfstream Cig. Bill's is a 34' with 9' beam. His hull was built by Cig blocking off the old 36' wide beam Cig hull then rigged by Gulfstream. These hulls do get around.

Name:	Bill 2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	77299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill 1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	77298  

Bill's Gulfstream CC?

Very cool Mark, thanks for sharing. Bill got such great taste in boats. Love his El Pescador, but this one on steroids I didn't know he had. From what I gathered the early Gulfstream hulls were done by a John Morgan in Naples, FL for Gulfstream. Was Bill's boat one of the ones Morgan did for A.L. Kirkland? Bill's boat then has the same hull design as the wide Apache 33' with a 9'5" beam, which is the Squadron hull based on the cut down Cigarette 36 wide beam.

Like all Bill's boats this one seem to be in Bristol condition and even though it must be really heavy the wide strakes probably helps a little. On a footnote I post a photo of a Morgan Yacht 26 based on the Cary 26. I really like the look of those. Bob Saccenti mentioned that Joe Gismondi purchased the rights for the Apache 33 x 9'5" and made them for quite a few years at his company Marlin Yacht as his 35'. He designed a different deck and I find it very attractive and Saccenti said Joe built a very high quality boat. The Apache 33' x 8' design was bought by Concept from The Feds as you probably know and laid the foundation for their CC's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LARS THE SWEDE

Quote Originally Posted by lars View Post
    Very cool Mark, thanks for sharing. Bill got such great taste in boats. Love his El Pescador, but this one on steroids I didn't know he had. From what I gathered the early Gulfstream hulls were done by a John Morgan in Naples, FL for Gulfstream. Was Bill's boat one of the ones Morgan did for A.L. Kirkland? Bill's boat then has the same hull design as the wide Apache 33' with a 9'5" beam, which is the Squadron hull based on the cut down Cigarette 36 wide beam.

Like all Bill's boats this one seem to be in Bristol condition and even though it must be really heavy the wide strakes probably helps a little. On a footnote I post a photo of a Morgan Yacht 26 based on the Cary 26. I really like the look of those. Bob Saccenti mentioned that Joe Gismondi purchased the rights for the Apache 33 x 9'5" and made them for quite a few years at his company Marlin Yacht as his 35'. He designed a different deck and I find it very attractive and Saccenti said Joe built a very high quality boat. The Apache 33' x 8' design was bought by Concept from The Feds as you probably know and laid the foundation for their CC's.
    Lars, I was with Bill when he picked it up, the seller said Cigarette built the hull but it could have been just the sellers story ????? Bill did get a Gulfstream cataloge with it, & it is a wide beam hull. It runs around 60, but likes 45mph to cruise at. As all Bills boats you have to see them in person to do it justice. Was the Morgan Yacht 26 a Elton 26' Cary hull, or Jean Claude Simon 26' Cary. My friend had a JC 26E Cary that he raced & was a cool boat, & great in ruff water.
    Mark

Name:	Cary 26 E h2o.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	77372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cary 26broc1a.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	77373  

Cary 26 by Jean Claude Simon.

The Morgan Yacht 26' is claimed to be off the Cary 26', by J.C. Simon, Mark. It's supposedly almost 27' and has a little more beam than Elton Cary's 26. Here's a couple of photos of a red outboard one and Simon's Cary 26' is a cut down of his 32'.

The Elton Cary 26' was created when Don Aronow made the Cigarette 28 out of the Magnum 27 according to Allan Brownie Brown and he tells it as it was. Aronow pulled two molds from the plug and the lower one became the Elton Cary 26'.

Not surprised to hear that Bill's boat is immaculate. I haven't seen photos of his Donzi Spitfire, but I really look forward to that 'cause every one of his boats are stunning. I'm so impressed with his Fino and that and the Spitfire are two of my absolute favorite boats. 60 mph is also a big number for that large CC with only two Rudes on it. Haven't heard any positive things about the A.L. Kirkland produced Gulfstream boats or his Glasstream either, but maybe Morgan or somebody else did hull and deck for Kirkland? However, Kirkland built a very neat B-Class race boat, 'Turn Of The Century, for himself. Check out the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDxfL27rymg

Name:	J.C. Simon Cary 26 b.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	77374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J.C. Simon Cary 26 a.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	77375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elton Cary 26 brochure..jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	77376  
    LARS THE SWEDE

Very cool thread. This Cary 26 is really something to look at. What years were they produced?
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by lars View Post
    The Morgan Yacht 26' is claimed to be off the Cary 26', by J.C. Simon, Mark. It's supposedly almost 27' and has a little more beam than Elton Cary's 26. Here's a couple of photos of a red outboard one and Simon's Cary 26' is a cut down of his 32'.

The Elton Cary 26' was created when Don Aronow made the Cigarette 28 out of the Magnum 27 according to Allan Brownie Brown and he tells it as it was. Aronow pulled two molds from the plug and the lower one became the Elton Cary 26'.

Not surprised to hear that Bill's boat is immaculate. I haven't seen photos of his Donzi Spitfire, but I really look forward to that 'cause every one of his boats are stunning. I'm so impressed with his Fino and that and the Spitfire are two of my absolute favorite boats. 60 mph is also a big number for that large CC with only two Rudes on it. Haven't heard any positive things about the A.L. Kirkland produced Gulfstream boats or his Glasstream either, but maybe Morgan or somebody else did hull and deck for Kirkland? However, Kirkland built a very neat B-Class race boat, 'Turn Of The Century, for himself. Check out the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDxfL27rymg
    Thanks for posting that video. Dont want to steal Bill's thunder on his Spitfire but here are some spy shots I took of the restoration.

Name:	Mr Bill spit 021.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	77380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr Bill spit 025.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	77381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr Bill spit 027.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	77382  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Very cool thread. This Cary 26 is really something to look at. What years were they produced?
    I believe the late 60's to early 70's. Here is some more info on them.

Name:	Cary 26broc2a_.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	77384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cary 26broc1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	77385  

Wow ! When I got to post 2 I thought to myself how that boat reminded me of the Cary 26 but no point in mentioning it as I've asked previously here and elsewhere about anyone remembering the 26 Cary and no-one ever replied.
    Get down to post 5 and there it is ! I think I used to have the brochure back in the late 60's or thereabouts.

I recall it coming with 2 427 Daytonas linked in tandem . I've just never seen or heard about a single one since other than the brochure . How special would it be to have one of them brutes ?

Thanks for proving that I wasn't loosing my mind after all .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thanks Mark for the teaser photo of Bill's Spitfire, what a boat! As far as the Cary 26 by Elton Cary, only half a dozen were made, (again kindly told by Allan Brown). Here's a link to the little site where most of us that like Elton Cary boats find info: http://www.jecary.com/marine/cary.html
    The page was created by Elton Cary's son James, so I and many others owe a great thank You to James for sharing this wonderful information from an era when his father made probably the best built boats with Aronow's help.
    LARS THE SWEDE

----Thanks Mark for posting the pics and much thanks to Lars for both the accolades and these great Cary pics. I am stunned to see this sight full of Cary pics. The Cary 26 has always been one of those unattainable dreams. I have seen the catalog shots before but have never actually seen a real one. Lars,,,do you actually know how the few Cary 26s that were built were powered. I cant see any possibility of two motors in a row. there just isnt enough room, but I dont understand whats under the bigger of the two hatches either..........Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    I believe the late 60's to early 70's. Here is some more info on them.
    Thanks for the info on the 26 Cary. The styling is very progressive for the decade. How about the complete callout of the lamination schedule, very interesting for sure. Certainly special pieces of history
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

I know of a certain 28 Cary that should have gone to Mich. #31
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Daytona Marine 482 Turbo in Brownie's demo.

Since Brownie had the Turbo Daytona 482 in the demo, I would imagine that the majority had a regular Daytona 427 in them. I'm not an engine guy, but these Cary Marine 26 boats were meant for the wealthy gents to take a lady out for a cruise in, so wild performance was probably not a priority. I believe the handful 26' made were almost all made 1969/71.

Bill, your Spitfire looks fantastic, but since we got into Elton Cary boats here and Jim jumped in I would be so happy to see you Jim post photos of the amazing Cary you owned too. If I hadn't been on the left coast I would have bought it. Instead I went and bought the Larry Smith Scarab, Flying Flipper 30' and the little Stoker. The truth is though that the Cary was a one amazing original boat and that together with your Critter was an unbeatable combination. By the way Jim, where is the Cary now?
    LARS THE SWEDE

Thread Information