Thread: 12 degree wedges needed Holley square bore (2)

12 degree wedges needed Holley square bore (2)

Looking for two Holley square bore 12 degree square bore wedges. If anyone has a few laying around I will buy them.
    Thanks in advance, Bert
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

Thumbs up

Hi Bert~~~
    I work on old straight inboards all the time.
    I have such a carb leveling wedge on my BB Chevy in my American Skier Eagle 24' skiboat.

Glenwood/Glen-L Marine in Calif sells a dozen styles of these aluminum marine carb leveling wedges .
    They have a catalog & a great inboard & V-drive race boat website.
    The last pair I bought were about $60. each
    Very high quality CNC machined wedges.
    The thick wedge end has two levels of 1/4" threaded holes for bolts or studs. The thin wedge end has an elongated 1/4" holes.

Trans-Dapt, a division of Mr. Gasket Co., also sells these wedges~~~Speed Shops, Jegs Summit etc. can possibly order what you need out of the Trans~Dapt catalog. These are poorer quality cast aluminum.
    Quality not near as good as the Glenwood wedge units.

If all else fails I have three stashed away for future projects !
    BUT~~~ You might have to twist my arm however to get me to sell them.

Last resort~~~
    If you have access to a band saw & drill press you can make these carb wedges out of a hard maple or a phenolic hard fiber block.

It sounds like the Benchseat Hornet is getting a nice cool Dual-Quad carb set-up ? !
    Do you have a Dual Quad Carbed Holman-Moody Ford 427 side-oiler V-drive in the Benchseat Hornet restoration plans ?

I remember setting up a dual Quad Carb Marine set-up using Glenwood angle leveling wedges for a 1955 Chris~Craft 21 Cobra with a very cool 1955 Cal Connell Crusaider Cadillac marine racing V-8 engine about 10 years ago ! It had an old Offenhauser Dual Quad Carb manifold originally on her. Sadly someone had stolen the original carbs, flame arrestors, & carb leveling wedges while in long term boatyard storage. The boat was an origial owner boat from Longport NJ. Originally the Longport Marine's Chris~Craft 1955 showroom boat.
    Longport Marine the big South Jersey Chris~Craft dealership and was owned by the Lovett family of automatic bilge pump fame !
    Dad & I were restoring the Chris~Craft 21 Cobra for the owner's 50 y/o son.
    I wish I owned that spectacular & rare boat today~~~The owner's son sold her two years later ! What a fantastic Boat !

We need to see some of your Benchseat Hornet Restoration Project photo updates !
    Post some photos~~~SOON PLEASE ? !
    Last edited by silverghost; 08-23-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

Thanks !!

Just bought them at Glenwood. Holley wanted $150.00 ea plus shipping. Jeg's too and Jerry's Marine wanted $180.00 and I have an account. Could not pay that much because it was a rip off.
    At Glenwood they were $65.95 ea plus shipping.
    Thanks for the tip.
    here is the Hornet as it sits today.Name:  Hornet.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  2.14 MB
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    Last resort~~~
    If you have access to a band saw & drill press you can make these carb wedges out of a hard maple or a phenolic hard fiber block.
    I've taken one of these off a boat before. I guess you have to make do sometimes.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Any speed shop will carry them I had a wedge on the Pantera (car) ..Ed

Thread Information