Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Florida Gathering in October, Another Ditch Run?

Hey guys

Hope all is well with every one.

I had my boat detailed and the plan was to put it away for the summer. And some guy came in to the show room asking about my Donzi so I gave him a stupid price and the next day he came in with cash. So need less to say I sold it. But if I get a go fast boat in before this run and if you guys will allow a non Donzi owner to join I'm 100% in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy E View Post
    Hey guys

Hope all is well with every one.

I had my boat detailed and the plan was to put it away for the summer. And some guy came in to the show room asking about my Donzi so I gave him a stupid price and the next day he came in with cash. So need less to say I sold it. But if I get a go fast boat in before this run and if you guys will allow a non Donzi owner to join I'm 100% in.

The more, the merrier, Jeremy. You are welcome with or without a boat.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Wish more of you were coming! Should be a nice calm run with tans for the group!

Weather is looking great. I have a plan for a lunch run on Saturday.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Started a new job last Monday...i'm screwed no matter what at this point. Have a great time guys and send me some pics. I am doing an Alafia river(just south of Tampa) run in November if job will let me, anyone interested let me know. Fun day on the river and the springs. Basically a whatever you drive ride, no manufacturer specific. Again enjy and post some
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Nick, congrats on the new job. Hope it works out well for you.

Looking at the weather tomorrow, wow, should be fantastic boating weather. No wind means a glass-like lake. Should be great running all weekend

B.
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Well, we had a fantastic weekend. Didn't get the boats in on Friday as we got there later in the day.

We launched on Saturday morning at about 10:30. We then made the decision to go to Stuart for lunch. The weather was perfect with a slight wind making for good riding on the open lake. Boat traffic was minimal all the way to Stuart. This also made the locks very easy.

We went to a place called Sailor's Return on advice of one of the lock masters. This made a little more sense since the trip all the way to Pirate's Cove would have added quite a few more miles and time to our trip. We had to make sure we made it back to the locks on time as we did not want to stuck.

This proved to be no issue as we cruised about 45 mph on the way back. We had the waterway to ourselves and it was just a beautiful day. Once going through the Port Mayaca lock back onto Lake O, we saw a flat lake. The slight wind from earlier in the day had disappeared. The lake crossing was absolutely gorgeous. In the distant east sky you could see rays of sunshine showing through some clouds and smoke as the sun got lower in the sky. The smoke was from the burning of the cane fields around the lake. As we got closer to Clewiston we ran into a rain shower. It was just enough to soak us before we got to the ramp.

What a great run. We ran about 120 mile round trip. Sorry more could not attend. We ended up with just 2 boats, mine and Budmann's. Smokediver had a personal issue come up and could not attend. We were joined by Jim (Buiz), who drove up from Miami to join us for the run. Glad you could make it, Jim.

I will post a few photos in the next day or two, as soon as I get some time.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Glad you had fun guys....next time.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Got some photos together...

Leaving Clewiston, the ride across, lunchtime in Stuart at Sailor's Retreat. Denese, Jim, Me, Heloisa, and Bud......and Margarita.

Lake O 20130001.JPGLake O 20130002.JPGLake O 20130003.JPG

The run back along the OWW and across the lake.

Lake O 20130004.JPGLake O 20130005.JPGLake O 20130006.JPGLake O 20130007.JPG

The end of the run rainbow after the brief shower the cleaned off the boats, evening cocktails after another successful day. Me, Heloisa, Bud, and Denese.

Lake O 20130010.JPGLake O 20130009.JPGLake O 20130008.JPGLake O 20130011.JPG
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

I didn't realize you were coming to Stuart, and lunch at Sailors Return. I am just a couple of miles from there and even though I am working nights, would have at least met you for lunch. Bummer.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by fegettes View Post
    I didn't realize you were coming to Stuart, and lunch at Sailors Return. I am just a couple of miles from there and even though I am working nights, would have at least met you for lunch. Bummer.

Steve
    Steve,

It was a last minute decision to run to Stuart. The original plan was to head to a place in on the lake. After we launched, Bud asked where we were going. We just said, Stuart, and went for it. As far as lunch was concerned, we were going to head to Pirates Cove, but after speaking with lock master at St Lucie, we decided to save a lot of time and go to SR. So, that too, was a last minute decision. Sorry, you couldn't make this trip. Next time.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thumbs up Beautiful

Pic's

Hat's off to Bob, he's always ready to have fun

Someday

To run in water like that.......

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by CHACHI View Post
    To run in water like that.......

Ken
    We got very lucky that the weather was calm. Lake O can seem like the St Lawrence when the wind is up. A couple of years ago we did this run across the lake and got our azzes handed to us both ways. About 15 miles each way..
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thread Information