Thread: seacraft 25 seafari-1972

seacraft 25 seafari-1972

anyone familiar with these boats?

Had one. Great boat!

Had one back in 1974. Had twin 70 Johnson's on it and it was probably up there with the best I ever had. Went to Bimini in it too. I recommend it. Some prefer the open. If you into fishing and don't need the cabin look for the open. I have had a few of those too. Potter hull. But if you have a wife or, and , kids the cabin comes in handy (I forgot to mention girlfriend, or both)
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

I sent you a pm thanks for the reply.

Bert you had a 25' Seafari with twin 70's ? My Dad had one with 2 in-line sixes/omc drives that would barely get on plane.

bert had a seafari 20 not a 25.

Carl Moesly

http://www.moeslyseacraft.com/history.html

26.5 Degree Dead rise
    msc-25-brochure.jpg

The SeaCraft 25' was designed to be an offshore vessel with a narrow beam and a high dead rise to slice thru the ocean waves. It provided a large cockpit space for the fisherman and a cabin for the family.
    The design was more of a "muscle boat" with a lot of speed and a smooth ride in rough water. At the same time, a new automatic ballast system was designed for the 25' to assist stability on the hi-deadrise boat.

For family cruising or fishing, the design could be easily changed to a lesser deadrise and if desired, a shorter boat or a center console for fishermen.
    #####
    Prior to Carl Moesly's departure from SeaCraft in 1970, the boat had only been designed. None of the lofting or tooling was done where fine-tune adjustments would often be made. It was a few years later, the design finally went into production with some modifications to the design and eliminating the ballast system.

In 1967, Carl designed a 25' racing boat, "My Racing Machine". There is no connection between these two designs
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Thread Information