Thread: battery tender

battery tender

I need to put a battery tender in the boat and was wondering what brand to buy
    h.f.e.c.d

I have used the Deltrans "Battery Tender" for over 10 years on my Corvette (battery is now 10 years old as well) and found they work very well, I used it in my Donzi over the winters as well. The have a waterproof/vibration proof unit that is intended for marine use. Not expensive but seem to be very well constructed.

That would be my choice again and I have two of them.

I also have been using the Deltran tender, no complaints.

Mine is not mounted in the boat, mounted on the wall in the boathouse.

Ken

I also have been using the Deltran Battery Tenders on my cars and boat since 1996 they work very well and the battery on my Donzi was over 10yrs old when I replaced it. They also have a great repair/exchange policy whenever one craps out I just send them back and Walla they send me a new unit, I have 3 units and have sent 2 back over the years. There are many other companies selling these units these days so the choice is your's.

Good Luck
    Steve

I use a Deltran 'Junior' on my '34 Ford street rod for the winter. I have it on a timer( about 3 hours/day) just to keep it topped up. Works well.

My 22C has dual batteries. I'm going to buy a Deltran '2 Bank Charger' and hook it up the same way. The batteries are getting too heavy to lift in and out to protect them from the winters.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information