Thread: DONZI question Triple hatch

DONZI question Triple hatch

Have a question has anyone heared about a 1970 triple hatch donzi 18 classic. The engine hatch cover is three hatches instead of one.

Probably a much older boat like a 66 or so Was probably registered or titled in 1970. My hornet is a 68 but on the reg it is a 69.

Post some pics I think the triple hatches are like the first 100 18s made

We just had a 66 triple hatch barrelback win oldest classic at the 18th Annual LGDCC Dust Off a few weeks ago

It is a barrel back, so what you are saying is that the boat is rare? I will post some pics later today.

About 230 ish barrelbacks were produced until 1968 of about 100 of which were triple hatch. The term rare is relative depending on condition and total production numbers some models are rarer than others. But yes you don't see to many triple hatches surviving today

Sweet!! We have been rebuilding it for the past 2 years from the ground up. Its been fun but a lot of work we are almost done with the project all that is left is alittle sanding and paint! thank you for the info! I will post pics when I can.

Thread Information