Thread: Updates and Refresh to my 38 Comp

Updates and Refresh to my 38 Comp

Some of you have already seen the pics on OSO but I wanted to share them here and give a big shout out to Ron Potter at Potter Performance for getting the boat and trailer back to brand new! After ten years she needed a little freshening!
    I am very happy with the way she turned out!

On the Boat:
    Wet Sand, buff out and re-wax entire boat.
    Install new sea strainers.
    Fix a whole list of misc. items including check engines, refresh a set of heads, and replace bad computers.
    New Cockpit cover.
    New hatch decal

On the Trailer:
    New brakes, lines and master cylinder.
    New tires
    New bunks
    All new hardware
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING WOW.... WHAT A RIDE !!!"

Very nice! Not being familiar with that model, is there a functional berth forward of the cockpit? Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Hell in Florida's sun and salt water we pretty much do that once a year.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

How many hours on the Potter Power? I ask because I have one of his beasts in my engine bay. Boat looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    Very nice! Not being familiar with that model, is there a functional berth forward of the cockpit? Bill
    Bill, there's probably a potty for the girls when you're 20 miles off shore.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

As for under the deck, I got a porta-potti mounted under the one hatch and that area has a floor where I have two big tupperware bins strapped down with all the gear. The rest of the under deck forward of the next bulkhead is unfinished.

The Potter motors have been great. He built them for me in 2008, one motor I had a blower come apart in 2010 (not Ron's fault and we replaced both to be safe) and this year I had a valve seat go bad on the other motor. Other than that they have been flawless and pull like a bear. I was having idle problems so we checked everything over this winter on them and that is how we found the bad valve seat and two bad computers (10 years old and again not Ron's fault).
    "LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING WOW.... WHAT A RIDE !!!"

Thread Information